Oklahoma Turnpike voids all Christmas blizzard violation notices

Started by mightyace, January 18, 2010, 09:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyace

What, a toll authority with a heart?

Oklahoma Turnpike voids all Christmas blizzard violation notices

IMHO As the toll system moves more toward All Electronic Tolling, there could also be the problem of being unable to identify vehicles as blowing snow or salt-encrusted license plates are hard to read.  What does Toronto do on the 407?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

corco

I've driven E-470 in Colorado a couple times with a snow encrusted license plate (the way the Liberty is designed if you go more than 10 miles an hour the snow kicks right up onto the back license plate), and never received a toll bill.

Unfortunately, I've never driven E-470 when the roads are good (when the roads are good, I have more time to get to destination X (usually DIA) so I can just take the free routes) so I don't know if it's an "Idaho plates aren't registering on the Colorado toll road" thing or a "my license plate was illegible so oh well."

route56

Quote from: mightyace on January 18, 2010, 09:02:45 PM
What, a toll authority with a heart?
When I first read the subject line, I thought it had something to do with drivers failing to maintain the 50 MPH minimum speed limit.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on January 18, 2010, 09:02:45 PMWhat, a toll authority with a heart?

If they really had a heart, they would have stopped collecting tolls altogether like the agency in your home state did in February 2007. :)

mightyace

Quote from: PAHighways on January 19, 2010, 03:14:03 PM
If they really had a heart, they would have stopped collecting tolls altogether like the agency in your home state did in February 2007. :)

I never said it was a big heart.   :sombrero:

But, touché.  I looked it up on the Turnpike web site and saw Gov. Rendell gave the order.  I didn't know he had it in him, but it's nice to see that he did.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

algorerhythms

Quote from: corco on January 18, 2010, 09:36:43 PM
I've driven E-470 in Colorado a couple times with a snow encrusted license plate (the way the Liberty is designed if you go more than 10 miles an hour the snow kicks right up onto the back license plate), and never received a toll bill.

Unfortunately, I've never driven E-470 when the roads are good (when the roads are good, I have more time to get to destination X (usually DIA) so I can just take the free routes) so I don't know if it's an "Idaho plates aren't registering on the Colorado toll road" thing or a "my license plate was illegible so oh well."
I would guess the latter. The only experience I've had with electronically-tolled turnpikes was on the 407 in Toronto. My dad's car had temporary tags at the time (he had just bought it a couple days before), and apparently that was enough to confuse the toll system. We never got a bill for it. My cousin was following us in his car and he was sent a bill in the mail. In both cases, the plates were from Maryland, so at least in Toronto they have no problem with out-of-province, or in this case, out-of-country tags.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.