News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

ODOT Bid Openings for January 2013

Started by rte66man, October 26, 2012, 09:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

ODOT has published their tentative Bid Opening list for 1/13. Among the more interesting items:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24424(07)F 4 IS040 4.000 $52,009,930
RECONSTRUCT-ADDED LANES
CANADIAN I-40: FROM FROM MILE MARKER 136 TO MILE MARKER 139.83
IMY -0040-4(436) COMMISSION ACTION DATE: 10/2008
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27957(04)F 4 SH004 0.200 $6,453,127
BRIDGE & APPROACHES
CANADIAN SH 4: (MUSTANG ROAD) NORTHBOUND & SOUTHBOUND BRIDGES OVER I-40
IMY -0040-4(435) 138 COMMISSION ACTION DATE: 09/2010
28317(04) 4 IS040 0.020 $1,634,598
BRIDGE REHABILITATION
CANADIAN I-40: EASTBOUND AND WESTBOUND OVER RENO AVENUE
SBR -109N (182) SB COMMISSION ACTION DATE:

This is the long overdue rebuild of I40 from the Kilpatrick Turnpike west to just past Garth Brooks Blvd, where it will meet up with a previously finished rebuild.  The current 4 lanes of pavement were built in the mid-60's and is the worst stretch of interstate I've ever driven on in regards to pavement condition.

I'm not sure why the Mustang Rd overpass is a separate project.  The Reno bridges were partially rebuilt when the Kilpatrick interchange was constructed 10 or so years ago, so they only need modification for additional lanes. The Czech Hall Rd and NW 10th overpasses were rebuilt a few years ago. That only leaves the I40 bridges over Garth Brooks to be replaced.  While it will be a terrible mess until completed, it is long overdue.

17428(25)F 4 IS040 4.690 0 6,686,495 0 0 6,686,495
BRIDGE & APPROACHES
OKLAHOMA I-40 CROSSTOWN: WP 1.5, BNSF BRIDGE AT BOULEVARD
OKCY -XTWN (006) COMMISSION ACTION DATE: 12/1998
17428(89)F 4 IS040 4.690 0 9,000,000 0 0 9,000,000
GRADE,DRAINING,BRIDGE & SURFACE
OKLAHOMA WP 5.1C: OKCY XTWN FROM WEST OF WALKER TO THE WEST SIDE
OF EK GAYLORD
OKCY -XTWN (079) COMMISSION ACTION DATE: 12/1998
These are the first contracts for the ground level boulevard that will replace the demolished Crosstown bridge.  The bridge part is to pass under the BNSF tracks just east of EK Gaylord.

This project has become somewhat controversial due to certain people being totally clueless.  Some are under the impression that the boulevard was to start with a grand intersection with Western, Sheridan, and Classen at the west end of the old Crosstown bridge.  One group even proposed a giant traffic circle with a large monument (think Paris or Rome) in the center. While I would agree that the vision is impressive, I vehemently disagree with anything that will impede traffice entering downtown. The old I40 roadway from Agnew to Western is still there and will serve as THE main entrance to Downtown for many commuters.  A traffic circle of the size envisioned by some would only serve to create mass confusion and congestion.  the original plans for a flyover for boulevard traffic should remain.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Where on each end is the freeway spur going to touch down and become a boulevard?

okc1

http://www.okc.gov/agendapub/cache/2/wgd0tx55it3aq13c3afnqoe0/167956310272012115053173.PDF

Stantec is currently evaluating what would be best in the Walker-Klein area, where the boulevard has to cross Western, Classen & several other streets in a short distance W of downtown.  This is the area rte66man notes above where traffic circles were propsed by some
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

Takumi

Nothing about elimitanting any truck trarffic, then?
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

J N Winkler

In regard to the projects mentioned in the OP:  24424(07) etc. (I-40 reconstruction from Kilpatrick Turnpike interchange to Garth Brooks Blvd.) has been advertised, but 17428(25) etc. (Crosstown Expressway boulevard replacement) is not in the January 2013 letting.  The regular letting is scheduled for January 17, 2013 and there appears to be no special letting scheduled for this month.

Plans are now available for most of the January projects.  Oklahoma DOT typically uploads plans 21 days before the letting, but--probably because of Christmas--plans were uploaded last Thursday (28 days before letting).  However, some projects listed in the short-form notice to contractors do not appear to have plans online, so I am going to continue monitoring the plans folder.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

rte66man

Quote from: J N Winkler on December 23, 2012, 04:26:38 PM
In regard to the projects mentioned in the OP:  24424(07) etc. (I-40 reconstruction from Kilpatrick Turnpike interchange to Garth Brooks Blvd.) has been advertised, but 17428(25) etc. (Crosstown Expressway boulevard replacement) is not in the January 2013 letting.  The regular letting is scheduled for January 17, 2013 and there appears to be no special letting scheduled for this month.

Plans are now available for most of the January projects.  Oklahoma DOT typically uploads plans 21 days before the letting, but--probably because of Christmas--plans were uploaded last Thursday (28 days before letting).  However, some projects listed in the short-form notice to contractors do not appear to have plans online, so I am going to continue monitoring the plans folder.

I suspect the controversy over the Western/Classen/Crosstown intersection is the reason. There was a public meeting earlier this month.  Many people seem to have forgotten why there needs to be an overpass there (to get the traffic over to I40).  A roundabout would be a disaster.  At least both the over and underpass plans take northbound Western on an angle to connect with Classen.  The direct northbound Western would be closed.
http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/meetings/a2012/121203/index.htm

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.