News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

10 space-related spots that are out of this world

Started by ZLoth, July 23, 2014, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

From SF Gate:

10 space-related spots that are out of this world
QuoteTo commemorate the 45th anniversary of the July 20, 1969, Apollo 11 moon landing, TripAdvisor has compiled the top 10 space-related destinations reviewed by travelers on its site.

The list, mostly made up of space museums, space centers and observatories, is based on the "quality and quantity of reviews"  for each destination, explains the travel site.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

vdeane

Looks like an article that links to an article that redirects to the TripAdvisor home page.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

agentsteel53

I think my #1 space-related destination would be ... space.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US81

I can't get the list to come up - redirects to the TripAdvisor home page.

JSC/Space Center Houston is probably my favorite space-related destination.

ZLoth

Here is the TripAdvisor article. Please note that the original SF Gate article was a slideshow.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

realjd

Of the space museums I've been to, my favorites are Kennedy Space Center, a surprisingly cool little museum out in rural Kansas that I can't remember the name of, the National Air and Space museum in DC/Virginia, and the USAF museum in Dayton.

KSC, including the often overlooked Astronaut Hall of Fame next door, is my favorite space museum by far. The USAF museum in Dayton though is easily one of the best aviation museums in the world.

US81

I remembered another one - the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL. Loved it as a teen, but haven't been there for, um, a large number of years. Hope it's still as great as I remember....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.