News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Light Rock and Adult Contemporary Music

Started by roadman65, August 01, 2014, 10:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Hey fellow road geeks, I have a podcast on www.allnoiseradio.com that I air every Friday at 10 AM ET (in fact as I post this its on the net) where I play soft rock and adult contemporary music such as Springsteen, Alanis Morrisette, Colbie Caillat, and even The Eagles.  I do not know if this should be off topic or on the welcome board, but if this belongs on the welcome board then feel free to move, but if any of you like that kind of music give it a try.

Also if you have requests, I will try to take them if I have the song in my library.  I will state your name and announce you on air.  Please be reminded that the show is recorded so what you request will be aired at next broadcast.  Also if you have specific road news I will announce it as a topic if you request as I always look for things to chat about in between songs.

Of course DO NOT REQUEST HERE!  Send it to me there or in PM, I do not have time to go through posts, plus I do not think the moderators would want spam on here as well.  Plus its not right.  However use this thread not only to be about this show, but to discuss the music in general as the topic is about.  I worded it that way so we can chat about our favorite songs and about this genre as well.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

roadman65

Quote from: agentsteel53 on August 01, 2014, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on August 01, 2014, 10:13:33 AM
allnoiseradio

Quotesoft rock

I detect the presence of contradiction.
I did not pick the name of the station.  I only picked the songs.  Yes the name sounds ironic to what is on my program.

Sheryl Crowe

Pete from Boston

I guess when I think of soft rock, I think of Bread and Air Supply.  I suppose I should download an update.   

hotdogPi

"Soft rock" itself is an oxymoron. Rocks are hard.

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

roadman65

Quote from: Pete from Boston on August 01, 2014, 10:26:24 AM
I guess when I think of soft rock, I think of Bread and Air Supply.  I suppose I should download an update.   
Bread and Air Supply are good artists for that.  I love Air Supply's Lost In Love and the Jim Steinman song Making Love Out of Nothing At All.  Plus Bread is great for nice mellow stuff.  David Gates, I believe, is the strongman of the group and they have great inspirational songs.

Songs like these you do not find anymore.  Not knocking the new songs these days, but songs like those back then were in a class by itself and cannot be duplicated.

Sheryl Crowe

Pete from Boston

Quote from: 1 on August 01, 2014, 10:34:34 AM
"Soft rock" itself is an oxymoron. Rocks are hard.

It's all relative.

This helps one understand why Diamond Dave rocked the hardest.

agentsteel53

this fails to explain why talc radio is so abrasive.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

roadman65

You guys are making me laugh.  Agent's post wants me to say something about some famous personalities out there, but I do not want to  as to risk the a flame war between certain issues of the different views of the many users on here. 

Sheryl Crowe

golden eagle

Soft rock on commercial radio is gradually dying off. Stations that were soft rock has been spiced up to sound more upbeat.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

Play some Pantera or something off Reign In Blood.

briantroutman

Didn't George Carlin say something to the effect of... "Soft rock music–It isn't rock, and it isn't music. It's just soft."

Brian556

I've always been a fan of "soft rock". I have a 300+ song playlist of it on my ipod. It differs slightly form the playlists of typical soft rock stations in that I included more county songs that fit well into the category, but typically aren't considered crossovers.

It's unfortunate that there really aren't any soft rock stations anymore. They all now play more upbeat music, a lot of it modern and sucky, and ignore the good stuff like Bread and Air Supply.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.