News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Wendy's

Started by broadhurst04, August 02, 2014, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: Mr_Northside on August 04, 2014, 02:50:52 PM
The major advantage Wendy's has -for me- is that I can get chili instead of fries with my value meals.

Do they use old hamburgers to make their chili?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

formulanone

Quote from: triplemultiplex on August 04, 2014, 03:24:46 AM
Quote from: 6a on August 03, 2014, 10:20:08 AM
That and the pretzel bun being back is like a double whammy for me :)

Major thumbs up to the pretzel bun.  That needs to spread throughout the industry.

It's about 50/50 in its implementation: some pretzel bread tastes epic, and sometimes it just tastes like an overpowering bucket of salt.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: US71 on August 04, 2014, 03:50:35 PMDo they use old hamburgers to make their chili?

They did when I last worked there, but that was 12 years ago.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: formulanone on August 04, 2014, 03:52:03 PM
It's about 50/50 in its implementation: some pretzel bread tastes epic, and sometimes it just tastes like an overpowering bucket of salt.

A good pretzel bun has no additional salt.  There is plenty of salty flavor in what you put on that bun, so there is no need.
For my money, a bratwurst on a pretzel bun is just about the finest thing in sandwich-related foods.

Oh man, now I want to go tailgating.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

golden eagle

Any chance that Wendy's will bring back the salad bar? With the trend towards healthier eating, that may work for them.

SteveG1988

Quote from: golden eagle on August 05, 2014, 12:18:45 AM
Any chance that Wendy's will bring back the salad bar? With the trend towards healthier eating, that may work for them.

Can we get tacos too?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

stormwatch7721

What is the new Wendy's supposed to look like?

adventurernumber1

I have not been inside one but I have seen the new Wendy's look from the outside. A Wendy's here in Dalton, GA off of SR 71 got remodeled. It looks pretty cool.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

6a

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on August 08, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

There are variations on a theme for the exterior; some have a big red barrel in place of the tower thingy in this pic but this is a general idea.

stormwatch7721

I think the new Wendy's restaurants around the Daytona area didn't get remodeled to that new look yet.

Roadrunner75

Quote from: 6a on August 08, 2014, 04:50:47 PM

There are variations on a theme for the exterior; some have a big red barrel in place of the tower thingy in this pic but this is a general idea.
When I visited Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, I thought of stopping at Fallingwater to see one of Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings.  Now I can just go to a Wendy's.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Roadrunner75 on August 08, 2014, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: 6a on August 08, 2014, 04:50:47 PM

When I visited Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, I thought of stopping at Fallingwater to see one of Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings.  Now I can just go to a Wendy's.

Then visit the McKnight Road location.  That's one of 2 that I know of in Pittsburgh that have been remodeled so far. ;)

kendancy66

Quote from: SteveG1988 on August 08, 2014, 11:17:41 AM
Quote from: golden eagle on August 05, 2014, 12:18:45 AM

Can we get tacos too?
I noticed that wendy's version of the taco salad is not available any more

jakeroot

There are two Wendy's close to me, one remodeled, one not; the remodeled location has higher prices.

Further, of the 6 or 7 McDonalds close to me, about half have the new style. Only one Burger King near me has the new, spatula-handle design.

Jack-in-the-Box still leaves something to be desired; mainly, speed of delivery.

Stephane Dumas

Speaking of Wendy's, they plans to expand in Canada.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-08-07/wendys-hopes-to-expand-in-canada

I wish to see a more Wendy's in Quebec. They're only around in Montreal. I remember one who was in Drummondville, who closed in 2005 and replaced by another chain but some fans put a Facebook page to bring back Wendy's in Drummondville http://fr-ca.facebook.com/pages/Pour-le-retour-de-Wendys-%C3%A0-Drummondville/589487561070398

Now I wish to see one Wendy's on the new rest area on A-10 at Magog.

stormwatch7721

I forgot that there is a remodeled Wendy's on US 92 in Daytona Beach. I haven't been in it but the one on US 1 might be remodeled.

DandyDan

I'm not aware of any being remodeled or rebuilt in the Omaha area, nor do I know of any plans to do so.  This year, it seems to be Taco Bell's turn to redo everything, although with McDonald's, they just tear down the old one and build a new one, which takes longer to do for an area.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

rickmastfan67

Quote from: DandyDan on September 26, 2014, 07:57:52 AM
I'm not aware of any being remodeled or rebuilt in the Omaha area, nor do I know of any plans to do so.  This year, it seems to be Taco Bell's turn to redo everything, although with McDonald's, they just tear down the old one and build a new one, which takes longer to do for an area.

Taco Bell recently redid one of my local locations, but they left the 'shell' in place when they redid it.  Turned it into a new 24h location at the same time.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: DandyDan on September 26, 2014, 07:57:52 AM

McDonald's often simply strips the roof overhang then frames the walls straight up and resides them, sometimes while remaining open.  Interior remodels are more involved, but this type of work is so systematized that it can be completed very quickly.  In high school I worked in a chain restaurant that closed for a weekend and did a full interior makeover in that time (it remained shitty, but was more colorful).

JMoses24

I don't think either of the Wendy's locations in Florence have gotten the new look yet.

golden eagle

The remodeled McDonald's in the Jackson area never closed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.