News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from far east San Diego

Started by ARMOURERERIC, December 02, 2011, 09:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

I finally got some time to introduce myself:  My name is Eric and I live right off of exit 65 of I-8.  I have been a roadgeek since I was around 10 living in Pittsburgh, mostly because I grew up in the right of way of East Street Vally Expy, now the Parkway north (hey Mr. Northside, I know your neighborhood, played football for Nativity at Perry Field 1974-75).  I used to have my own freeway plan for Pittsburgh, back in the day when it was still growing.  Went to college, lived in Erie 82-85, Rockville, MD 85-91, Newport News 91-96, and San Diego, mostly Ramona since then.  In Ramona, I was a big, vocal advocate of an improved CA 67, from 96 to 2009, Ramona went from 25K to 51K in population, but is still only by 2 lane windy mountainous rouds; CA 78 and 67, both of which are mostly LOS F with ADT's over 30K, and frequently closed by fatal accidents.  Now I am way out in Boulevard and there are no real traffic issues.

I am an armourer by profession, I make armour for multiple reenactment groups, and for movies.  The longcoats in Tin Man were my manufacture, including components of Kathleen Robinson'soutfit, plus I did numerous pieces for background extras in kingdom of Heaven and the Tudors.

With the recession, my income is about 1/6 of what it was so I am working also as a ranch foreman in Boulevard.  I get a nice home and a killer workshop in barter for holding down the fort.

We raise free range organic beef, sheep, pigs, chickens, goats, rabbits, ducks, turkeys and geese.  Prior to this I never did AG before, but I enjoy it.

I enjoy this site, and hope to be a frequent intellegent poster.

Eric Joseph
www.jamesriverarmoury.com

agentsteel53

greetings from not too far to the west of you!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on December 02, 2011, 09:43:28 PM
I finally got some time to introduce myself:  My name is Eric and I live right off of exit 65 of I-8.  I have been a roadgeek since I was around 10 living in Pittsburgh, mostly because I grew up in the right of way of East Street Vally Expy, now the Parkway north (hey Mr. Northside, I know your neighborhood, played football for Nativity at Perry Field 1974-75).  I used to have my own freeway plan for Pittsburgh, back in the day when it was still growing.  Went to college, lived in Erie 82-85, Rockville, MD 85-91, Newport News 91-96, and San Diego, mostly Ramona since then.  In Ramona, I was a big, vocal advocate of an improved CA 67, from 96 to 2009, Ramona went from 25K to 51K in population, but is still only by 2 lane windy mountainous rouds; CA 78 and 67, both of which are mostly LOS F with ADT's over 30K, and frequently closed by fatal accidents.  Now I am way out in Boulevard and there are no real traffic issues.

I am an armourer by profession, I make armour for multiple reenactment groups, and for movies.  The longcoats in Tin Man were my manufacture, including components of Kathleen Robinson'soutfit, plus I did numerous pieces for background extras in kingdom of Heaven and the Tudors.

With the recession, my income is about 1/6 of what it was so I am working also as a ranch foreman in Boulevard.  I get a nice home and a killer workshop in barter for holding down the fort.

We raise free range organic beef, sheep, pigs, chickens, goats, rabbits, ducks, turkeys and geese.  Prior to this I never did AG before, but I enjoy it.

I enjoy this site, and hope to be a frequent intellegent poster.

Eric Joseph
www.jamesriverarmoury.com

And how long were you a regular over on MTR? :-D  Welcome "back."
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

ARMOURERERIC

Like 14 years, back when I could still use my AOL news reader.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.