News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Illinois Route 110: What's the point?

Started by HighwayMaster, March 03, 2012, 09:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighwayMaster

I don't understand why IL 110 was assigned. Is it supposed to be something greater than IL 110 in the future?
Life is too short not to have Tim Hortons donuts.

Brandon

It's supposed to be a Chicago-Kansas City route (IL-110, MO-110).  It's heavily promoted by some group out of Quincy, IL.
Me, I don't see much point in it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Actually one multimillionaire from Quincy who owns newspapers and TV stations.
IDOT and MoDot market it as a low volume truck free route between Chicago and Kansas City that is it avoids I-80 and 55
There is a thread on it under Chicago -Kansas City

NE2

Quote from: HighwayMaster on March 03, 2012, 09:28:48 PM
I don't understand why IL 110 was assigned. Is it supposed to be something greater than IL 110 in the future?
Yes, IL 111.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

It has been suggested for conversion to 1-43 in Fictional Highways.........
I confess to suggesting I-188 in my Quad City renumbering as well.
US 67 has a concurrency with 110 and 111.

JREwing78

This CKC route (Chicago-Kansas City) route is attractive to anyone who's ever taken I-70 across Missouri, or fought through traffic in St. Louis. I wish I had known the last time I drove to Kansas City.

More info: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=3301.0

tchafe1978

If you're in Madison, I've always thought the best way to get to Kansas City would be to to US 151 to Cedar Rapids, I-380 to I-80 to I-35 at Des Moines, then to Kansas City. Going through St. Louis seems much longer.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: tchafe1978 on March 04, 2012, 10:54:26 PM
If you're in Madison, I've always thought the best way to get to Kansas City would be to to US 151 to Cedar Rapids, I-380 to I-80 to I-35 at Des Moines, then to Kansas City. Going through St. Louis seems much longer.

St. Louis would be far down on the list of options.  The US-151 route is the best...the second would be I-39 to I-88 to I-80 to Des Moines.  St. Louis is too far south.

SSOWorld

Quote from: SEWIGuy on March 05, 2012, 10:07:06 AM

St. Louis would be far down on the list of options.  The US-151 route is the best...the second would be I-39 to I-88 to I-80 to Des Moines.  St. Louis is too far south.
Not for a roadgeek who hasn't clinched I-70 in Missouri :P

Then again, if time was of the essence, yes the best route is 151-380-80-35. One could also take 20 from Dubuque to I-35 as well.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JREwing78

At the time I took that trip, it was 10 years ago and I lived in Lansing, MI. Obviously now, I would have far better routes to Kansas City.

I'm also unsure that US-36's 4-laning was anywhere near complete 10 years ago.

kphoger

I used to live in the Chicago area, and never much considered going through Des Moines.  For whatever reason, I always picked Saint Louis.  Saint Louis always got the better of me, from rush-hour traffic to empty pallets falling from an open trailer door at 60 mph to a high-speed car chase (not me, but it affected traffic).  It got to the point that I started going I-55 I-72 US-54 I-70.  Why I didn't reconsider going through Des Moines is beyond me.  But, believe me this:  there simply being a single route number would not have made a difference......or would it???
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 36 is also numbered 110 and the 4 laning was just finished last year. I was on I-72 recently near Springfield and I am regularly on parts of the 110. It looks like truck traffic is up on both. I think some of them are avoiding St Louis.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Master son on March 05, 2012, 12:57:34 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on March 05, 2012, 10:07:06 AM

Not for a roadgeek who hasn't clinched I-70 in Missouri :P

Then again, if time was of the essence, yes the best route is 151-380-80-35. One could also take 20 from Dubuque to I-35 as well.

US-20 is one of my favorites across Iowa.  Very little traffic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.