News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Official: Metcalf turned back

Started by route56, September 05, 2009, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

I was in KC last Tuesday and noticed that US 169 signs have finally been removed from 435, as well as along a good portion of Metcalf. Therefore, I hereby proclaim US 169 in Johnson County to have been re-routed.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

froggie

A) what's the rerouting to, and is the rerouting signed?
B) did KDOT petition AASHTO for the rerouting?
C) is there an official KDOT press release?

If there's no answer to any of these questions, you can't exactly call it a proclamation...

route56

A. US 169 is routed along I-35 from Olathe to the Shawnee Mission Parkway (US 56/69), then follows SMP east to Rainbow Blvd. Previously, 169 left I-35 at 435, then left 435 and followed Metcalf to the SMP. I did not check I-35 to see if 169 signs have been installed between 435 and SMP.

B. KDOT submitted the US 169 re-routing at the same time as they submitted the petition for rerouting US 24, US 40, and US 73 off of State Avenue. AAHSTO approved all four re-routings at the same time, though KDOT did not implement them immediately.

C. KDOT did not issue a press release regarding the turning back of Metcalf or State Avenue.

Happy now  :colorful:

R.P.K.

Scott5114

Good lord, how many highways do they plan to dump onto the poor Shawnee Mission Parkway?  :crazy:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

corco

When I was down in that area two weeks ago I did not notice any 169 signage along either SMP (I stayed on SMP about 1/4 mile east of I-35) or on I-35 between SMP and I-435

route56

I've also double-checked I-35... I guess KDOT's not in a big hurry to re-sign I-35.

(An aside, I've also seen a US 169 sign on I-635 left over from before 169 was re-routed onto the Broadway Bridge in Platte County MO)

R.P.K.

US71

There is independent signage (non-BGS) on 435 at I-35 for US 50/56/169. Sort of "blink and you'll miss it".

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.