News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-94/I-394 split in Minneapolis

Started by froggie, August 17, 2010, 07:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

MnDOT recently began a small project to revise the westbound I-94 exit to I-394, just after coming out of the Lowry Hill Tunnel.  The revision has the rightmost lane in the tunnel becoming an exit-only for 394, and the middle tunnel lane splitting after exiting the tunnel, with the right side of the split becoming the option lane.

Note the "future" graphic on the webpage, with an error on the depicted signage.  The error is corrected on the PDF.

Coelacanth

I always hate it when they refer to "NB I-94".

Yes, it runs N-S, but it's never signed as such.

I'm looking forward to the I-394/TH 100/Xenia project mentioned on this page. There's a lot of dangerous weaving (in fact, I saw a crash there yesterday afternoon!) involved in my fairly frequent NB 169-->EB 394-->NB 100 trips.

froggie

Got a follow-up E-mail from MnDOT regarding the traffic split at this location.  Using their representative day as a guide, the traffic split is fairly even...roughly 52/48 between traffic continuing on westbound 94 and traffic exiting to westbound 394.  Somewhat more traffic takes 394 during the morning rush (~6:30-9am), balanced out by more traffic staying on westbound 94 between the early afternoon and late evening.

Bickendan

Huh, why don't I remember eastbound 94 being only two lanes under 394? I've been through there enough times that I should remember that...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.