The actual Worst of Road Signs

Started by Alex, October 09, 2020, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andarcondadont

Computer Science and GIS student at the University of Minnesota.

LilianaUwU

Sortie ssssseeeeepppppttttt on A-25:

Tunnel Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine road works, 2024 - 5 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

And a very Oklahoma Special™-esque sign in the same area:

Tunnel Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine road works, 2024 - 3 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kphoger

Construction signage always gets special grace.  But that [7] is pretty funny.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

7/8

I feel like this sign is worth cross-posting to this thread. It's tough to read it even as a still image!

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 09, 2024, 01:49:28 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 09, 2024, 11:32:49 AM
On TN 355 SB in Kingsport, TN.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220075470517549&set=a.10220075698883258)

Ah, yes, there's nothing like a relaxing drive on ||||||||||||||||IIII.

mglass87

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JoePCool14

I'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was. The surprise was great. 10/10 roadgeek moment.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Scott5114

A classic. Not sure which Oklahoma shield you like better? Why not both?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

I prefer this to the regular OK garbage. Dare I say it's so bad it's good?
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

plain

Not a horrible sign (not feeling the all uppercase letters on a modern sign though) but can you imagine what it would look like if there were multiple state routes on it?  :-D
Newark born, Richmond bred

formulanone

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 06, 2024, 10:11:32 AMI'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was.

I think those are some of my favorite sign finds, as well. I also knew about this sign about a year earlier, had forgotten where it was, so it was also fun to just see it unexpectedly appear.

StogieGuy7

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 06, 2024, 10:11:32 AMI'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was. The surprise was great. 10/10 roadgeek moment.

So bad, it's good!

mglass87

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Rothman on April 21, 2024, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: mglass87 on April 21, 2024, 10:06:48 AMMan, that font:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/DaX2SAqdWDAcGC878

Before I clicked on it, I thought, "Pfft, how bad could it be?"

Yowsers.

I wonder how many people on the forum besides myself and Takumi have ever been by that sign.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 21, 2024, 09:56:16 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 21, 2024, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: mglass87 on April 21, 2024, 10:06:48 AMMan, that font:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/DaX2SAqdWDAcGC878

Before I clicked on it, I thought, "Pfft, how bad could it be?"

Yowsers.

I wonder how many people on the forum besides myself and Takumi have ever been by that sign.

I've been in the area but I have no clue how I missed this.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.