News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Different songs, same title

Started by golden eagle, March 01, 2015, 02:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwmapper

"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Incubus, Fleetwood Mac, and probably a few dozen others.

mgk920

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 02, 2015, 03:05:20 PM
"C'est La Vie" by Bob Seger is a very different song from Shania Twain's rather bubblegum-sounding song of the same name that sounds a lot like "Dancing Queen"!

Robbie Nevil had a hit with a song of that title in 1986, too.

Mike

PHLBOS

Quote from: bugo on March 02, 2015, 11:55:48 PM
There have been some terrible bands mentioned in this thread. Some of you have awful taste in music. Keep it up because it's good for a bit of a laugh.
Given the intent of this thread, just because particular songs & artists are mentioned here doesn't necessarily mean that the poster(s) like them.  They're just posting either what they know and/or observed.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Brandon

Quote from: dfwmapper on March 03, 2015, 06:59:14 AM
"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Incubus, Fleetwood Mac, and probably a few dozen others.

And Chicago comes close with "Wishing You Were Here".
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

lepidopteran

There have been some terrible bands mentioned in this thread. Some of you have awful taste in music.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

mgk920

Another pair:

Would I Lie To You by the Eurythmics (mid 1980s) and Charles & Eddy (early 1990s).

Mike

Brandon

There have been some terrible bands mentioned in this thread. Some of you have awful taste in music. Keep it up because it's good for a bit of a laugh.

We could say the same about what you listen to.  Different people believe different things to suck.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

mgk920

Another close two:

Dancing In the Dark by Bruce Springsteen (1984) and In the Dark by Dev (2012).  In the latter, the line "dancing in the dark" is repeated several times.

Mike

roadman65

Sara by Starship and Sara by Fleetwood Mac.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman

Quote from: Brandon on March 01, 2015, 05:30:36 PM
"Talking In Your Sleep" by the Romantics and Crystal Gayle.
Also Gordon Lightfoot
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman65

Although not a song, but Eric Clapton has an album with the same name as a song by The Pointer Sisters: Slowhand.

Sheryl Crowe

Pete from Boston

Hey, there's a difference between knowing a ton of music and truly liking it all.  Don't mistake the former for the latter (and still further is the appreciation for terrible music, responsible for most of Bobby Goldsboro's remaining album sales at this point).

mgk920

The Wanderer - Dion & the Belmonts (1961) and Donna Summer (1981).

Mike

lepidopteran

Magic was sung by:

• Pilot (1974)
  • Olivia Newton-John (1980)
  • The Cars (1984)
  • Coldplay (2014)

Back On My Feet Again was sung by The Foundations (1968) and The Babys (1979).  There was also the similar When I'm Back On My Feet Again by Michael Bolton (1990).

Brian556

QuoteMagic was sung by:
-Pilot (1974)
-Olivia Newton-John (1980)
-The Cars (1984)
-Coldplay (2014)

Selena Gomez also did the one by pilot.

bugo

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 03, 2015, 10:38:55 AM
Given the intent of this thread, just because particular songs & artists are mentioned here doesn't necessarily mean that the poster(s) like them.  They're just posting either what they know and/or observed.

Yeah but it's funny reading the names of these horrid bands that I had forgotten about.

bandit957

It would be funny if someone mentioned Night Ranger.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

english si

Quote from: mgk920 on March 03, 2015, 10:33:51 AM
"C'est La Vie" by Bob Seger is a very different song from Shania Twain's rather bubblegum-sounding song of the same name that sounds a lot like "Dancing Queen"!

Don't forget the 1998 earworm and European mega hit by B*Witched. Which was the only one I knew of before this thread (and I've not heard of Robbie Nevil or Bob Seger).

spooky

1995hoo

Quote from: english si on March 04, 2015, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: mgk920 on March 03, 2015, 10:33:51 AM

Don't forget the 1998 earworm and European mega hit by B*Witched. Which was the only one I knew of before this thread (and I've not heard of Robbie Nevil or Bob Seger).

Bob Seger is probably best known for "Old Time Rock and Roll" (itself also known as the song to which Tom Cruise's character lip-syncs in Risky Business), "Night Moves," and "Like a Rock" (the latter used in Chevy ads for many years, though I have no idea whether any of said ads ran in Europe....I kind of doubt it).

You've likely heard some of his songs without having heard of the singer.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: bandit957 on March 04, 2015, 01:43:46 AM

Someone has proven you wrong.

hbelkins

Quote from: bandit957 on March 04, 2015, 01:43:46 AM

They would be a candidate for another music thread if only they had self-titled their debut album instead of calling it Dawn Patrol.

Brad Gillis was Ozzy's tour guitarist for awhile after Randy Rhoads got killed. He's the guitarist on the "Speak of the Devil" live album.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

Cherish by Kool and The Gang and Cherish by The Association.

Sheryl Crowe

DandyDan

MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

roadman65

Quote from: DandyDan on March 05, 2015, 09:31:12 AM
Quote from: golden eagle on March 02, 2015, 01:18:19 AM
"One" by Metallica and U2 are different.

Creed also did "One"
Three Dog Night has a song called One too!  Might be more as 3DN always did cover tunes by other artists including Paul Williams (aka Little Enos on Smokey And The Bandit).

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.