News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Favorite Defunct Theme Park Attractions

Started by roadman65, September 27, 2015, 04:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Anybody else remember the Battlestar Gallactica ride at Universal Studios LA - which has since been rebuilt as the Earthquake ride.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

GCrites

Jeez, that was a long time ago that it changed then. I rode the Earthquake ride in 1983.

roadman

Quote from: GCrites80s on November 24, 2015, 09:18:21 AM
Jeez, that was a long time ago that it changed then. I rode the Earthquake ride in 1983.
I rode the Battlestar Gallactica ride when I visited LA in 1981, just before it was closed and was changed to the Earthquake ride.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Pete from Boston

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on September 28, 2015, 11:37:39 AM
The Cyclone at Six Flags New England (I still call it Riverside Park)

Didn't know it was gone.  It was the scariest roller coaster they had (actually scary, not simply tall or fast, because of the way it bounced along the track).  The experience at that park has long gone downhill, but this really seals the deal.

Rothman

Quote from: Pete from Boston on November 24, 2015, 04:10:16 PM

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on September 28, 2015, 11:37:39 AM
The Cyclone at Six Flags New England (I still call it Riverside Park)

Didn't know it was gone.  It was the scariest roller coaster they had (actually scary, not simply tall or fast, because of the way it bounced along the track).  The experience at that park has long gone downhill, but this really seals the deal.

Actually, I really like its replacement, the Wicked Cyclone.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.