News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

KYTC: New signage around Owensboro

Started by jnewkirk77, May 30, 2014, 02:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnewkirk77

KYTC (or its contractor, more likely ... can't say for sure since I work nights now) has been installing new signage around the Owensboro area.  Much of it is fine, big improvement since the last time they did a widespread sign replacement blitz, but there have been a few goofs:

* KY 1831 southeast of its terminus at KY 2830 (Old U.S. 60) is signed as KY 1389 ... just a few miles off, there.
* KY 3143 (Fairview Drive) is signed as KY "3145" (a road I don't even think exists in Daviess County) on westbound KY 54 just before the junction.

On the new BGSs that are going in on U.S. 60 (formerly the 60 By-Pass), no longer are we getting the street name in caps next to the shield with control cities below; instead, for example at KY 54, the signage is as follows:

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to like Clearview. A little.  :hmmm:

They're not completely done yet, so I don't know how they'll do the ground-mounted signs ... will try to get pics as they continue on.

hbelkins

Quote from: jnewkirk77 on May 30, 2014, 02:29:49 AM
KYTC (or its contractor, more likely ... can't say for sure since I work nights now) has been installing new signage around the Owensboro area.  Much of it is fine, big improvement since the last time they did a widespread sign replacement blitz, but there have been a few goofs:

* KY 1831 southeast of its terminus at KY 2830 (Old U.S. 60) is signed as KY 1389 ... just a few miles off, there.
* KY 3143 (Fairview Drive) is signed as KY "3145" (a road I don't even think exists in Daviess County) on westbound KY 54 just before the junction.

On the new BGSs that are going in on U.S. 60 (formerly the 60 By-Pass), no longer are we getting the street name in caps next to the shield with control cities below; instead, for example at KY 54, the signage is as follows:

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to like Clearview. A little.  :hmmm:

They're not completely done yet, so I don't know how they'll do the ground-mounted signs ... will try to get pics as they continue on.

I couldn't see the photo you linked.

As for the other signs, I could tell by seeing photos if they're contractor installs or being done by District 2.

Contractors do the guide signs in Kentucky.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jnewkirk77

That's what I hate about forums, never can get pictures to show up correctly. Try this link to my Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/40417025@N05/14123511618/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Will try for other pics (56/81 roundabout, etc.) over the next few days, as my schedule allows.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.