News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2014?

Started by hbelkins, December 04, 2013, 11:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: Laura on February 26, 2014, 11:31:03 PM

Quote from: bugo on February 26, 2014, 11:07:11 PM
Forget NYC.  The Saint Louis meet is the official 2014 national meet.  Most of the big players will be there.  This will be a once in a lifetime experience.

I love how this happened organically, too. I still think NYC will be important, but St. Louis has definitely become the national meet of the year.

National Meets are two days with other events planned around them. I know many people have planned things around the St. Louis meet, but NY will be on another level. I know I said end of February... then life closed in quickly on all sides. I'm workin.

Takumi

Quote from: Laura on February 26, 2014, 11:00:51 PM
I'd like to do a Baltimore meet once the I-95 express toll lanes open in "late 2014". (Last Baltimore meet was hosted by Steve in 2010.) I have a few other meet ideas, but I want to get through Delmarva before I seriously start planning other future meets!
I might just be able to attend that, depending on how late it is. I should have the project car running earlier than expected so I may have a bit of a window to attend meets later in the year.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Dougtone

Forget NYC.  The Saint Louis meet is the official 2014 national meet.  Most of the big players will be there.  This will be a once in a lifetime experience.

I'm not a player, I just crush a lot.

Laura

Quote from: Alps on February 27, 2014, 12:12:29 AM
Quote from: Laura on February 26, 2014, 11:31:03 PM

I love how this happened organically, too. I still think NYC will be important, but St. Louis has definitely become the national meet of the year.

National Meets are two days with other events planned around them. I know many people have planned things around the St. Louis meet, but NY will be on another level. I know I said end of February... then life closed in quickly on all sides. I'm workin.

Right. St. Louis is "national" due to attendance from all over the country (plus the informal events that will rise up as a result). NYC is "national" for the same reason, plus the extra day and extra planned events.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

Quote from: Dougtone on February 27, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

I'm not a player, I just crush a lot.

You're nearly as tall as I am, of course you're a big player.

bugo

I have a feeling that's not really what knocked you off the fence. 

hbelkins

Actually, as I've mentioned before, STL was the least likely of the original three (now four) meets on consecutive weekends for me because it's such a boring trip. Besides Tennessee, Hampton Roads was always my preference (even before Delmarva got added to the weekend) because of the scenery. I was on I-64 through Indiana and Illinois last year and have no great burning desire to drive it again so soon. I'm looking forward to covering some new territory in Virginia on the way to and from the east coast, if I end up going.

Alps

I bounced this off Jeff, and I suggested our own rickmastfan67 might contribute... this year's PA meet may end up in Pittsburgh, and obviously PA 28 would have to be part of that. I don't have details, nor would I really be involved in any aspect of the planning, but since I want to make this happen (haven't seen Jeff in ages), I'm publicizing it.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

getemngo

Rumor has it that Sean Lyons and Dan Garnell are planning a Toledo meet for May 31. If so, someone had better hurry up and announce it...
~ Sam from Michigan

hotdogPi

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 17, 2014, 09:09:34 PM
Quote from: Alps on March 17, 2014, 09:08:23 PMPA 28

can someone install an I-366 shield?

I was thinking I-367. A combination of I-366 and I-67, and call it the Rickmastfan Expressway.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Alps

Quote from: getemngo on March 18, 2014, 09:08:59 PM
Rumor has it that Sean Lyons and Dan Garnell are planning a Toledo meet for May 31. If so, someone had better hurry up and announce it...
Does that count as this year's Ohio meet or Michigan meet?

getemngo

Quote from: Alps on March 19, 2014, 12:12:22 AM
Does that count as this year's Ohio meet or Michigan meet?

Not necessarily either. In Ohio: I'd give this one a 50/50 chance of happening. Sandor apparently wants to do something in Columbus this year, which I'd also give a 50/50 chance of happening.

In Michigan: Barry Camp wants to do an M-231 meet sometime, based in the Muskegon area. It was going to happen last year and then got postponed to TBD. bulldog1979 (Michael) and I want to do the Upper Peninsula meet either this fall or fall 2015. Brandon wants someone, anyone, to host a Lansing meet, which I'll do, but only if all the rest of these fall through.

In other words, it's a mess. I miss when Michigan and Ohio meets had a rough annual pattern, and you'd get at least 3 per year between the states.
~ Sam from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 12:29:03 AM
In Michigan: Barry Camp wants to do an M-231 meet sometime, based in the Muskegon area. It was going to happen last year and then got postponed to TBD.

Oh wow... I'd completely forgotten about this one. Thanks for mentioning this one. But of course, we haven't heard from Barry recently so this is probably not happening anytime soon.

Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 12:29:03 AM
I miss when Michigan and Ohio meets had a rough annual pattern, and you'd get at least 3 per year between the states.

I miss that too.
-A.J. from Michigan

DanTheMan414

Confirmed by Sean Lyons, Saturday, May 31st is a go for the Toledo-US 24 Corridor Meet.  Details to come.

hbelkins

Quote from: DanTheMan414 on April 09, 2014, 11:38:31 AM
Confirmed by Sean Lyons, Saturday, May 31st is a go for the Toledo-US 24 Corridor Meet.  Details to come.

It's possible, if I have enough free lodging points to get a room for a couple of nights.

SSOWorld

No go on Toledo - already booked up and just bought a computer (in pieces - intentionally)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

bandit957

I'm seriously considering Toledo. Greyhound botched my trip home from St. Louis so badly that they mailed me a voucher that would cover the cost of a trip to a city that's relatively close to me. I don't know if Toledo's really that close though.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Toledo is probably closer than St. Louis. It's (almost) in the same state.

Is the meal at Tony Packo's?

jpi

I am a no go for Toledo too, there is a toy show in Cartersville, GA that day which is closer for me to travel. As for Columbus on May 3, this is a better shot for me since I have a toy show the next day in Dayton, OH and hopefully I am start having Fridays off by that time.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

Toledo's a maybe for me, especially if Louisville happens.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Duke87

Meh on Toledo. Too little opportunity to clinch new stuff compared to how far away it is.

Louisville is also unlikely since I ended up going to Nashville.

Pittsburgh, on the other hand... if it happens, I'm 110% there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jpi

I will be in Pittsburgh this time tomorrow night ;-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.