NE Wisconsin 2014! - August 16

Started by mgk920, July 14, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

mgk920

Quote from: Brandon on August 17, 2014, 07:04:27 PM
We met at The Bar (is there any other bar?) and had lunch.  Then we went out to the meet tour.

Who needs "Send Help" when we have "Road Closed".

Oh, for want of a Sharpie, we could have had a 'SEND VELP' sign in this image!

:nod:

Quote from: Alps on August 17, 2014, 09:56:20 PM
Nice turnout!

I was very pleased at the turnout, too, it was a great time!

:thumbsup:

Mike

DaBigE

One of these days I'll finally make it to one of these meets.

I swear the guy in the red shirt/black shorts on the right side of the barricade looks familiar. It's either him or a doppelgänger of someone who lived on my same dorm floor in college.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Duke87

I like how there are no supports for the flyover visible in the photo. It's just hovering there. :P

It was interesting going to a road meet in a state I had never been to before and where I had never met most of the other attendees before. A rather different experience. Especially considering my father and I had come from more than three times further away than anyone else present.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

SSOWorld

Don't forget - After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF! ;) :awesomeface:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

I don't recognize some of the folks in the photo. Anyone care to ID the pic?

And was there any meowing going on during the meet?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Big John

I am the one in the green shirt.

mgk920

I'm in the red shirt, holding up the sign.

Mike

JREwing78

Blue shirt, 3rd from the right. Only one dumb enough to wear sandals at a construction site. ;-)

hbelkins

I know Mike Koerner, Chris Lokken, Anthony Costanzo , Scott Onson and Brandon Gorte for sure.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on August 18, 2014, 11:59:01 AM

I know Mike Koerner, Chris Lokken, Anthony Costanzo , Scott Onson and Brandon Gorte for sure.

L to R - Patrick Lilja (thehighwayman394), Michael Saldivar, Mike (mgk920), Anthony's father (behind the barricade to the right of the sign), Anthony himself (duke87), a cat named Chris Lokken ;) (daughter Maya stands at his feet), John Hansen (Big John), Jason Risner (JREwing78), me (SSOWorld) and Brandon.

David Feryance joined only for the meal - no, he didn't get lost this time ;)

The group photo's background was at the US(I)-41/I-43 Interchange -which is morphing from an inside-out parclo to a flyover Y (seriously huge and long ramps)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

catofdar

Quote from: DaBigE on August 17, 2014, 11:43:06 PM

I swear the guy in the red shirt/black shorts on the right side of the barricade looks familiar. It's either him or a doppelgänger of someone who lived on my same dorm floor in college.

Yeah, it's me, Chris Lokken.  Did you by chance go to UW Madison?  I was in Slichter Hall for a few years.  Who are you?
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

DaBigE

Quote from: catofdar on September 15, 2014, 04:31:07 AM
Quote from: DaBigE on August 17, 2014, 11:43:06 PM

Yeah, it's me, Chris Lokken.  Did you by chance go to UW Madison?  I was in Slichter Hall for a few years.  Who are you?

Yep, I went to UW-Madison. Lived on the 3rd floor of Slichter from '02-'03 (Master Splinter's roommate).

PM replied to.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Alps

catofdar

Yup...definitely confirmed we were on the same floor of Slichter back in '02-'03.  Just 3 years before I took the dive into road enthusiasm.
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.