Upper Peninsula "National" Road Meet, September 2015

Started by bulldog1979, September 04, 2014, 11:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Alps on January 18, 2015, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: corco on January 18, 2015, 10:28:02 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on January 18, 2015, 09:54:20 PM
If you haven't booked in Houghton by now and plan to - do it NOW! The rooms are filling up.  The Houghton Super 8 is booked solid, but there are others nearby.

Damn, good call Sconsin. I'm booked at the Travelodge for now.
PARTY

Party x3!

Travelodge Houghton on Friday, ABVI in Marquette Saturday. :)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

getemngo

My family and I stayed at the Houghton Travelodge in 2005 when it was an Americas Best Value Inn, and it was pretty atrocious. I've heard that Travelodge has somewhat improved the building, so I hope it's been improved to everyone's satisfaction. What's nice is that it's within walking distance of all the good bars.  :sombrero:
~ Sam from Michigan

rawmustard

I've taken Sconsin's advice and booked a (cancellable until 9/3) two queens waterside room at the Magnuson, but if another room has space by the time we do this thing, I'd be willing to room with another (or have someone room with me, however it plays out in the next 7.5 months).

rawmustard

I know it's poor netiquette to bump when I last replied, but I wanted to be sure folks spotted the latest update. As of now, a couple is sharing the room with me in Houghton. For Marquette on Saturday, I have a two doubles room booked at the Americas Best Value (same property as A.J. and his entourage), and for Sault Ste. Marie Sunday night, I have a two doubles room booked at Soo Locks in case rooms start to fill up, as I think they will for the Sault within the next few weeks.

sipes23

Bah. As a one-time Yooper, I resent that I can't go to this.

For everyone who can, it's a wonderful area of the planet.

A.J. Bertin

-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 29, 2015, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on June 29, 2015, 12:22:45 AM
Quote from: rawmustard on June 26, 2015, 12:02:19 PM
A.J. and his entourage

I have an "entourage"?
What?, You didn't know? :P

Maybe he thought of it as his "posse."  :-D

Or does anyone use that term anymore? I'm so divorced from pop culture, I don't even know.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

codyg1985

Quote from: hbelkins on June 29, 2015, 01:43:53 PM
A.J. and his entourage

I have an "entourage"?

Or does anyone use that term anymore? I'm so divorced from pop culture, I don't even know.

I feel like posse would be an acceptable term.  :spin:
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

A.J. Bertin

-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: codyg1985 on June 29, 2015, 01:57:23 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on June 29, 2015, 01:43:53 PM
A.J. and his entourage

I have an "entourage"?

I feel like posse would be an acceptable term.  :spin:

Haha... I never thought of myself as having a "posse" either, but that sounds a little better than having an "entourage" I guess. The term "entourage" has an implication I don't like at all. In this case, maybe the best term is "road trip companions"?
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

As I mentioned on Facebook on the Day 1 event, I am not able to make this meet  (any day) due to priorities changes, work obligations and personal issues.

I have canceled my hotel reservations; this won't affect anyone as those planning to bunk with me have already decided not to go.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on July 18, 2015, 08:10:42 AM
As I mentioned on Facebook on the Day 1 event, I am not able to make this meet  (any day) due to priorities changes, work obligations and personal issues.

I have canceled my hotel reservations; this won't affect anyone as those planning to bunk with me have already decided not to go.
I bunk whenever I feel like.

Brandon

Well, you can add one more to the posse of those going and even walking the bridge.  I'll be there.  :bigass:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on July 27, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
Well, you can add one more to the posse of those going and even walking the bridge.  I'll be there.  :bigass:

That's awesome, Brandon!!!
-A.J. from Michigan

getemngo

Yay! Now we can annoy everyone else by talking about what's changed on Michigan Tech's campus.  :sombrero:

Here's an idea for those of us following the Houghton -> Marquette -> Sault Ste. Marie hotel itinerary: we should have a drink at a local brewery every night. First Keweenaw Brewing Company, then I dunno, Blackrocks?, then Soo Brewing. It'll be our own beer tour! :cheers:
~ Sam from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: getemngo on July 28, 2015, 05:33:06 PM
Here's an idea for those of us following the Houghton -> Marquette -> Sault Ste. Marie hotel itinerary: we should have a drink at a local brewery every night. First Keweenaw Brewing Company, then I dunno, Blackrocks?, then Soo Brewing. It'll be our own beer tour! :cheers:

That's a great idea, Sam. What do others think? Michael?
-A.J. from Michigan

codyg1985

Cody Goodman

rawmustard

I sort of thought this was a given.

A.J. Bertin

If I wasn't excited enough about this meet, I'm even more excited now at the talk of a brewery Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. However, we haven't heard anything from our host lately about how the itinerary is coming along. I assume everything's okay with that, but I'm still wondering... what time do folks want to start the Bridge Walk on Monday morning? We can start the walk as early as 7 a.m.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

Just got back from what turned into a 7000 mile trip from out west to PA (the PA trip however was not planned) so I am definitly out for this meet, will be there in spirit and hope you guys have fun :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

bulldog1979

Ok, just to bump this. If you haven't marked yourself as attending on the FB events, can you confirm (or reconfirm) here that you're attending? There's a bit of uncertainty on my end, as noted on the FB event page for day 1, but I'm cautiously proceeding as though I'll be attending.

Also, if anyone is bringing a guest with them, I'll need to know soon so that I can get head counts for the reservations.

codyg1985

Cody Goodman

Dougtone

Yay! Now we can annoy everyone else by talking about what's changed on Michigan Tech's campus.  :sombrero:

If I were going to the meet, I'd be in favor of this. I'll be on vacation the 2nd half of August, so I wanted to spend Labor Day Weekend closer to home. So instead, I'll find another brewpub and have a beer in honor of the U.P. road meet

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.