News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Moderation complaint redux

Started by hbelkins, June 02, 2016, 12:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

OK, so who's the genius who pulled the plug on the new lane-splitting thread?

We were about to get into a pretty decent discussion of speed differential.

Things like this really make me regret the death of MTR, where a discussion could be had without someone arbitrarily deciding to bring it to a close.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jakeroot

Yeah no shit, what the hell guys!? I mean, it's pretty obvious that me and HB agree on nothing in regards to lane splitting, but that doesn't mean we can't keep it civil (and the conversation has been very civil so far). The last thread about lane splitting got out of hand because of a user that, so far, has stayed out of this latest conversation.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on June 02, 2016, 12:34:24 AM

Things like this really make me regret the death of MTR, where a discussion could be had without someone arbitrarily deciding to bring it to a close.
You're welcome to go back at any time.I'm sure Calrog would love to chat with you again.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

froggie

I, for one, do not regret the death of MTR.  Sure it was unmoderated so you didn't have to deal with a thread being locked.  But that same unmoderation was also its downfall as the signal-to-noise ratio got too low.

Brandon

Quote from: US71 on June 02, 2016, 10:44:47 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on June 02, 2016, 12:34:24 AM

You're welcome to go back at any time.I'm sure Calrog would love to chat with you again.

Should've said that they, as fellow viatologists can chat with Calrog again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

US71

Quote from: froggie on June 02, 2016, 12:03:18 PM
I, for one, do not regret the death of MTR.  Sure it was unmoderated so you didn't have to deal with a thread being locked.  But that same unmoderation was also its downfall as the signal-to-noise ratio got too low.

Too many spammers, as I recall. Plus Randy (and others) lobbing too many "grenades" into conversations. Can't say I miss it very much, if at all.

bandit957

Usenet in general would have been pretty good if it wasn't for all the censorship there, and the Usenet Cabal (TISAC) screaming about "SPAM!!!" while their own spam was never cleaned up.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

I still read MTR, and there are a few posters there still. Haven't seen Calrog post anything at all lately.

My question still hasn't been answered as to which moderator is going to "man up" and say they did it and why.

If there has to be moderation, it should at least be more transparent. No reason was given for locking that thread.

I guess I'm just going to have to apply to be a moderator to bring some openness to the process.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Alps

I for one welcome our moderation overlords.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.