News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2017 Meets

Started by codyg1985, September 30, 2016, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: noelbotevera on February 14, 2017, 07:58:21 PM
Update for me: I can go to New River Gorge, but this disqualifies me to going to Cedar Point/Walt Disney World (with a classmate).

I'm siding with New River Gorge, as I can do CP/WDW whenever I want. I am still on the fence between the three, because all three I've never been to before. Besides, CP/WDW may not happen because of finance problems my classmate's family has (college debt, loans, mortgage, the usual).

If there's a pre meet, I'd say I can attend. My route to get to NRG involves me going through NRG itself (81-70-68 (clinched! and i see the sidling hill cut!) 79-US 19). I'm not sure if I should take Corridor H or I-68 to I-79, because I haven't seen the cut, but Corridor H is new and is also very scenic. I haven't seen both.

Way back is simple, I-64 to I-81. Only reason is to stop by White Sulphur Springs and check out the Greenbrier fallout shelter. I've heard that I-64 and I-81 in western parts of VA is scenic, so bonus points I guess?

You may want to wait until you see the itinerary and times I'm planning before you commit. Details forthcoming after I go to Beckley this weekend to do final scouting. But in my mind, I have something a little different planned than the usual meet.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Alps on February 15, 2017, 12:13:33 AM
Update for me: I can go to New River Gorge, but this disqualifies me to going to Cedar Point/Walt Disney World (with a classmate).

I'm siding with New River Gorge, as I can do CP/WDW whenever I want. I am still on the fence between the three, because all three I've never been to before. Besides, CP/WDW may not happen because of finance problems my classmate's family has (college debt, loans, mortgage, the usual).

If there's a pre meet, I'd say I can attend. My route to get to NRG involves me going through NRG itself (81-70-68 (clinched! and i see the sidling hill cut!) 79-US 19). I'm not sure if I should take Corridor H or I-68 to I-79, because I haven't seen the cut, but Corridor H is new and is also very scenic. I haven't seen both.

Way back is simple, I-64 to I-81. Only reason is to stop by White Sulphur Springs and check out the Greenbrier fallout shelter. I've heard that I-64 and I-81 in western parts of VA is scenic, so bonus points I guess?
Do whatever you want. There's no reason to tell us about it. Just let meet hosts know if you're going or not.

The kid's only 12 years old. Give him a break.
-A.J. from Michigan

noelbotevera

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 16, 2017, 06:32:09 AM

Do whatever you want. There's no reason to tell us about it. Just let meet hosts know if you're going or not.

Nah, I know what Alps is saying. I just didn't want to make a pointless thread in Road Trips, so I just consolidated it here.

I'm just still on the fence with the route....either pick Corridor H and miss out on Sideling Hill Cut, or vice versa?

hbelkins

Quote from: noelbotevera on February 16, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

Nah, I know what Alps is saying. I just didn't want to make a pointless thread in Road Trips, so I just consolidated it here.

I'm just still on the fence with the route....either pick Corridor H and miss out on Sideling Hill Cut, or vice versa?

Go one way, and back the other. Come to the meet via Corridor H, and go back home via I-68. Or vice versa. But it's probably going to be pretty much dark when you are traveling anyway so you won't get to see much. Plan is for the meet tour to start promptly at 10 a.m. from the New River Gorge visitors center.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Plus a lot of us also post about our travel plans in both meet threads and the road trips board.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

noelbotevera

Quote from: hbelkins on February 16, 2017, 04:59:47 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on February 16, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

Go one way, and back the other. Come to the meet via Corridor H, and go back home via I-68. Or vice versa. But it's probably going to be pretty much dark when you are traveling anyway so you won't get to see much. Plan is for the meet tour to start promptly at 10 a.m. from the New River Gorge visitors center.
Problem with that is that my dad and I want to see the Greenbrier, so I can choose only one. I can knock off two things: Corridor H + WV Turnpike, or Sideling Hill + WV Turnpike....

codyg1985

Updated thread to reflect the final date for H.B's New River Gorge meet.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.