News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New region seperations

Started by Marf, October 18, 2016, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marf

I think that we should clear up the "Northeast" and "Mid-Atlantic" regions a little. How about we create some new regions:

New England: ME, NH, MA, RI, CT except for Fairfield County, VT

Adirondack/Catskill: Eastern NY (Lake Erie to Utica, then south to the NJ border)

NYC-Philly: Fairfield County CT, NYC and Long Island plus NJ and Newcastle county Delaware and Philly metro

Mid-Atlantic: Baltimore and east of Maryland plus DC and VA north of the Rappahannock (including Fredericksburg)

Delmarva: All of Delmarva minus Newcastle County

Appalachia: Garett, Allegheny, Washington countys in MD, plus WV and northwest VA

Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

hotdogPi

A two-region split of the current Northeast board into New England and the rest of the Northeast board (not sure about the name) would work well. However, New England is defined by state boundaries. (Western MA and VT are definitely in New England both by definition and culturally, and Fairfield County, CT is defined as being in New England despite being culturally different.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

froggie

IMO, what Marf suggests is getting too localized.

jeffandnicole

This is your idea of clearing up 2 regions?  The NJ forum is where NYC and Philly should be referenced?

No offense, but this list is confusing as hell.

Marf

I probably should put the counties back into NE, but I think that Fairfield should stay because it's proximity to NYC. I will edit and expand it later today.
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

epzik8

I have never heard of Garnett and Allegahany counties in Maryland. However, I have heard of Garrett and Allegany counties.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Marf

:pan: My mistake. Anyway, I deleted the MA and VT county stuff.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jeffandnicole

Since we're playing make-believe anyway, you never actually included Fairfield County in any group.

Alps

I think each state should have its own boards.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Alps on October 18, 2016, 12:06:05 PM
But then comes the question where threads for routes that cross state lines should go (like the Appalachian Development Corridors and US Highways/Interstates), along with threads for city metro areas for cities along state lines.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

pianocello

Quote from: freebrickproductions on October 18, 2016, 02:22:12 PM
But then comes the question where threads for routes that cross state lines should go (like the Appalachian Development Corridors and US Highways/Interstates), along with threads for city metro areas for cities along state lines.

That hasn't really been a problem in the past. People who live in or frequent regions that are covered by more than one of the boards simply go to both of them. (I check both Midwest/Great Lakes and Central States because the Quad Cities are technically split between the two. I'm sure there are other metro areas where this is the case.)

What I'd be most worried about about state-specific boards is the sheer number of boards there would be.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

formulanone

Eh...16 posts over 11 months and we're going to take forum overhaul advice from a user who subsequently posts four open-ended new threads in a single day.

Sorry to be a jerk, but I think a "wait a few months and see" approach might be in order.

Alps

I think each route should have its own boards.

Rothman

Quote from: Alps on October 20, 2016, 06:29:52 PM
I think each route should have its own boards.

Thou art evil, but I like your style.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.