News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Saratoga Springs (NY) dinner gathering on March 10th?

Started by froggie, January 20, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: Alps on February 25, 2017, 06:34:53 PM
Quote from: cl94 on February 25, 2017, 04:34:58 PM
I might need to pull out of this thing depending on how schedules line up. While I'd like to see everyone, part of me just wants to get home (or at least partway home, since I plan to do a boatload of clinching both ways) and maximize the amount of time I get to see the family over spring break.
No, you need to be there. I think we're all arriving between 6 and 7.

I definitely won't be there if my 2:00 that afternoon cancels. If I had to choose between anything and spending a night at Duff's, I'd choose Duff's (sorry, guys).
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Alps

Quote from: cl94 on February 25, 2017, 07:04:16 PM
I might need to pull out of this thing depending on how schedules line up. While I'd like to see everyone, part of me just wants to get home (or at least partway home, since I plan to do a boatload of clinching both ways) and maximize the amount of time I get to see the family over spring break.

I definitely won't be there if my 2:00 that afternoon cancels. If I had to choose between anything and spending a night at Duff's, I'd choose Duff's (sorry, guys).
Unless Duff's has to do with the Simpsons or Hilary, I fail to agree.

froggie

As with before, I'm looking at a 7pm dinner.  I have classes that morning and will have to make my way down, check in, and possibly help with some of the setup.

I'm fine with the place we were at last year, though I'm open to other suggestions as long as they're in the downtown area (i.e. within walking distance of the hotel).

Rothman

Quote from: Alps on February 26, 2017, 01:03:11 AM

...or wings in Buffalo.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

74/171FAN

I was not expecting to ever see a Hilary Duff reference on the forum.   :-D
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

cl94

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 26, 2017, 01:06:31 PM

I was not expecting to ever see a Hilary Duff reference on the forum.   :-D

Regardless, I never made a firm commitment...  :spin:
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

hbelkins

What is this Duff's of which you speak?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cl94

Quote from: hbelkins on February 26, 2017, 09:21:56 PM

http://www.duffswings.com/

Rothman

Quote from: cl94 on February 26, 2017, 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 26, 2017, 09:21:56 PM

http://www.duffswings.com/

My wife always insists we stop at the one in Amherst on our trips out west.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cl94

That being said, I'm officially out. An extra few hours with the siblings wins out. They'd be crushed if I could only spend time with them for one weekend day. If it didn't line up with break, I'd definitely be there.

Dougtone

vdeane

Any decisions on where we'll be going?  I plan to attend if this is still on.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

Oh, it's still on.  Just looking for suggestions for a place...or we can just go back to where we went last year.  Still looking at 7pm.

Rothman

At this point, we are probably looking at the same place.

Hoping to make it.

kalvado

Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
At this point, we are probably looking at the same place.

Hoping to make it.
And which one is it - for someone who wasn't there last year?

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dougtone

Alps

Quote from: Dougtone on March 07, 2017, 10:12:11 PM
Works for me
I would be interested in carpooling with someone from the greater Troybany area. I can make it wherever around 6:15. I'm replying to Doug with intent, but anyone can claim me.

kalvado

Quote from: Alps on March 07, 2017, 11:44:42 PM
Works for me
I would be interested in carpooling with someone from the greater Troybany area. I can make it wherever around 6:15. I'm replying to Doug with intent, but anyone can claim me.
I can help with travel up north, but I am not returning to Albany...

Dougtone

Quote from: Alps on March 07, 2017, 11:44:42 PM
Works for me

I can carpool.

baugh17

Quote from: Dougtone on March 08, 2017, 06:43:02 AM

I can carpool.

I may take advantage depending on when I can get to Albany, given parking will probably be at a premium up in Saratoga.

froggie

baugh17

Quote from: froggie on March 08, 2017, 07:46:57 AM
As I recall, parking wasn't an issue last year.

I didn't get there until around 7 and it ended up taking me about 15-20 minutes to find a parking spot.

Rothman

I found one in the small garage across the way last time.

froggie

I recall it being a talking point and the small garage was mentioned as not being an issue.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.