Announcing the 2020 New Zealand Road Meet

Started by dgolub, April 01, 2017, 06:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

Kia ora! I am pleased to announce the 2020 New Zealand Road Meet, which will take place beginning Saturday, April 4, 2020! In addition to setting a record not soon to be broken for the longest distance travelled by the host of a road meet, it will be the first road meet ever conducted in the indigenous language of the land where it takes place. That's right: All road meet business will be conducted entirely in Maori. Use of English during the meet will be strongly frowned upon. It is for this reason that this meet is being scheduled three years in advance in order to ensure that everyone has adequate time to study. The meet will take place over the course of a week and cover sites on both the North Island and the South Island. Along the way, we will be visiting a marae (tribal sacred meeting grounds); seeing the greatest oxymoron on the planet, the Christchurch Jewish Center; and viewing the Southern Lights from one of the few places outside of Antarctica where it is possible to see them. In the spirit of upside down and backwards, all driving will of course take place on the left side of the road. For those who wish to divide the 20-hour flight into two pieces, there will be an optional pre-meet gathering in Hawaii.

corco

This is a terrible April Fool's joke because if you're serious I'm actually down - that sounds like fun and I love the idea of conducting the meet in Maori.

TheHighwayMan3561

Yeah, I mean three years is plenty of time to actually make this happen if we really wanted to. :D
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jpi

I would get to an Alaska meet before this one.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

1995hoo

I've wanted to go to New Zealand for years. This would be great.

However, I guess you didn't get the message froggie retweeted earlier today:

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Brandon

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 01, 2017, 04:00:48 PM
I've wanted to go to New Zealand for years. This would be great.

However, I guess you didn't get the message froggie retweeted earlier today:

I don't know, you should see this thread: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19947.0
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

froggie

^ The lengthy comment in the middle of that thread (from the obvious source) just proves my point...

1995hoo

I had not read any of that thread until you posted that link. Wasn't one that would have meant anything much to me.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.