News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

V'ger

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 22, 2017, 04:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Why does V'ger have 0 posts?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

It involves Voyager (as he was then known) and Alex banning each other simultaneously in a dispute over control of the forum.  Let's just say there was some Early Installment Weirdness.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

briantroutman

I recall another thread discussing this user–that he/she was banned despite there being little or no evidence of misconduct visible today. The posts you can see presently are mostly helpful/respectful/productive in nature. The bottom line was that he/she was a productive member of the community at one point, then there was infighting and a meltdown, and all of the nasty or abusive posts have been deleted.

I suppose there was some kind of SMF hack involved to show that user having 0 posts even though he/she obviously still has many old posts in numerous threads.  Perhaps one of the mods could comment.

What's more interesting to me: There's a user (or perhaps multiple users; I'm not sure)–I assume banned–who shows up occasionally in threads, but the username is not clickable, and the user has no status, avatar, location, post count, or location stats. Could someone explain what happened?

TravelingBethelite

And what about Computer Guy? All his posts look quite a bit different from everyone else's. :spin:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 22, 2017, 04:44:25 PM
Why does V'ger have 0 posts?

There's a reason, and we don't normally like to bring it up if we can avoid talking about it.  Dark days on this forum.

Quote from: briantroutman on April 22, 2017, 06:39:56 PM
I suppose there was some kind of SMF hack involved to show that user having 0 posts even though he/she obviously still has many old posts in numerous threads.  Perhaps one of the mods could comment.

Not a hack, we can adjust any person's post total if we need to manually if there's a problem.  I mean, if I wanted to, I could add 1,000,000 posts to my total if I felt like it, but I don't. lol.

Quote from: briantroutman on April 22, 2017, 06:39:56 PM
What’s more interesting to me: There’s a user (or perhaps multiple users; I’m not sure)—I assume banned—who shows up occasionally in threads, but the username is not clickable, and the user has no status, avatar, location, post count, or location stats. Could someone explain what happened?

Account(s) was/were deleted.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 22, 2017, 06:46:47 PM
And what about Computer Guy? All his posts look quite a bit different from everyone else's. :spin:
Gutair hero to!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

There's a history of the forum thread around here somewhere where I posted a more detailed account.  Not sure where it is right now, though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: vdeane on April 23, 2017, 05:19:18 PM
There's a history of the forum thread around here somewhere where I posted a more detailed account.  Not sure where it is right now, though.
okay, will be sure to check it out.

Alps

Why did you bother posting this?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.