News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

State / National parks that are no more

Started by inkyatari, July 13, 2017, 09:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Brandon on August 08, 2017, 01:44:24 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 07, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
All of them if I get my way.

WTF would you want that!?!

Because he doesn't like to leave the house or engage in outdoor activity from all accounts he's put on the forum. 

inkyatari

Quote from: Brandon on August 08, 2017, 01:44:24 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 07, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
All of them if I get my way.

WTF would you want that!?!

I am a libertarian.  I am a member of the Libertarian Party of Illinois.  Indeed I once held a position in the state party, and even I see the benefit of state and national parks.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TravelingBethelite

"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

english si

Quote from: inkyatari on August 08, 2017, 01:56:10 PMI am a libertarian.  I am a member of the Libertarian Party of Illinois.  Indeed I once held a position in the state party, and even I see the benefit of state and national parks.
As a wise man once said:

"It's very sweet, Leslie, and the national park service is probably the only branch of government worth a damn. But Diane and I are quite happy raising our family here. Now if you'll excuse me there is a booth over there serving something called fried sausage quilts, so I'm going to buy the booth."

inkyatari

Quote from: english si on August 10, 2017, 01:51:47 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on August 08, 2017, 01:56:10 PMI am a libertarian.  I am a member of the Libertarian Party of Illinois.  Indeed I once held a position in the state party, and even I see the benefit of state and national parks.
As a wise man once said:

"It's very sweet, Leslie, and the national park service is probably the only branch of government worth a damn. But Diane and I are quite happy raising our family here. Now if you'll excuse me there is a booth over there serving something called fried sausage quilts, so I'm going to buy the booth."

I'm not getting this...

Takumi

Quote from: inkyatari on August 10, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
As a wise man once said:

I'm not getting this...
Ron Swanson.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

inkyatari

Quote from: Takumi on August 10, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on August 10, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
As a wise man once said:

I'm not getting this...
Ron Swanson.

Ahh.  I've never seen Parks and Recreation.

The guy that plays him is from about 6 miles from where I live

DandyDan

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on July 13, 2017, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 13, 2017, 01:10:44 PM
Minnesota has 16 former state parks; most of them were glorified city parks that were given back to those cities.

Do you have a list/source for those? I'm curious to know what/where they were.
Check out the Wikipedia article on Minnesota state parks. I was personally aware of Traverse Des Sioux State Park in St. Peter being downgraded to city park status.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Max Rockatansky

Wikipedia has a decent page showing what disbanded National Parks/Monuments/Ect are out there and what they ultimately became:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_areas_in_the_United_States_National_Park_System#Former_national_monuments

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.