News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Closest numbered highway to where you were born

Started by epzik8, August 28, 2017, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

Do you know what the closest numbered highway is to the hospital or wherever you were born? I was looking around Baltimore on Google Maps yesterday and came across my birthplace, Johns Hopkins, whose south side borders U.S. Route 40 (Orleans Street). So it made me curious what everyone's is.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Rothman

That's one way to get sensitive data out of people. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Otto Yamamoto

hotdogPi

Quote from: Otto Yamamoto on August 28, 2017, 07:58:14 AM
Interstate 23³

STV100-2

I don't get it. 23³ = 12167, which is not an Interstate or junction of two Interstates. Even if you didn't mean "cubed", I-23 and I-233 do not exist.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

M-10 or rather what would have been US 10 at the time.

dgolub

Community Drive (Nassau CR 11A).  If unsigned county routes don't count, then either Northern Boulevard (NY 25A) or the Long Island Expressway (I-495).  North Shore Hospital is about halfway between them.

NWI_Irish96

Parkview Wabash Hospital is located on BUS US 24/IN 13.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

corco

Rob Adams

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

HazMatt

Formerly US-87 Business (and before that US-87), now TX spur 345.

roadman

MA Route 107 - goes right by the front door of North Shore Children's Hospital in Salem, MA.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jemacedo9

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

spooky

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

PHLBOS

Lynn Hospital where I was born no longer exists but it was near MA 107 at the time.  Post-1996, the nearest route to the site is MA 129.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Quillz

I have lived about a mile away from the 101 my entire life. The 27 is about three miles away.

jp the roadgeek

It was CT 71A at the time.  Also at the time, CT 72 followed CT 372, as the CT 72 expressway was under construction.  With the truncation of CT 71A, it would now be about a 4 way tie among CT 71, CT 71A, CT 72, and CT 372 (not counting SR 555).

Interstate: I-84 (although the proposed I-291 hadn't been killed/demoted to CT 9 yet)
US Route: About a tie between US 5 and US 6 (city I was born in does not have a US route)
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Flint1979

Are you just looking for a numbered highway regardless of being state, US or Interstate?

I'll just answer for all three of them:
State highway: M-58 would probably be the closest although M-13 isn't too far away either.
Interstate: I-675 (Michigan).
US Highway: US 23 (runs multiplexed with I-75 for 73 miles between Flint and Standish).

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

plain

Beth Israel Medical Center, in between I-78 and US 22
Newark born, Richmond bred

hockeyjohn

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.