News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Reminder - Baltimore Road Meet - April 17

Started by Alps, April 02, 2010, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

For those who have RSVPed (or think you have), check the bottom of this message.  If you don't see your name, or if I have the wrong number of people down, please let me know!  For those of you who haven't RSVPed:

The Baltimore meet will commence at 11:00 AM with food and (for some of us) drinks at:

Red Brick Station
8149 Honeygo Blvd
White Marsh, MD 21236
410-931-7827

http://www.redbrickstation.com/pages/directions.html

From there we will leave to tour the I-695/I-95 and I-895/95 interchange rebuilds, the I-395 aerial wye, abandoned I-170, and other goodies to be revealed at the meet.  Even if you've already indicated an interest, please RSVP to me at webmaster@alpsroads.net by April 10 so I can confirm an accurate headcount at the restaurant.  I look forward to seeing you all there!  (Right now, it looks like we have at least 20 attendees!!)

Current RSVP count (includes # who will be at restaurant):
Myself - 2
BMP - 1
AF - maybe 1
IL - 1
SD - 2
AK - 1
MP - 1
PA - 1
ASD - 1
BRK - 1
HBE - 1
SMK - 1
BR - 1
OV - 1
JPI - 2, maybe 3
AJB - 3

rawmustard

I still find it rather sick that at least five are from Michigan.

froggie

Well there's nothing that says you Michiganers *HAVE* to make the trek east... :spin:

Meanwhile, as I mentioned in my E-mail to Steve, I won't know until that morning whether or not I can make it.  The problem of these things being scheduled on duty weekends...(and why I was pushing for the 10th earlier)

hbelkins

I can figure out who most of these are by their initials, but a couple of them I'm still trying to figure out.

I do have a supply of the newly-released 2010 Kentucky maps that I'll be bringing.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

corco

I remain a maybe- I've talked to the AAG (who determines whether I get a free plane ticket to Washington) and I may not know until five days before the meet.

Roadgeek Adam

More likely here, just not perfectly sure
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Dougtone

I was considering trying to make it to the lunch portion of the meet, due to a bachelor party in Atlantic City I am going to later that day.  But I decided that may be too much driving (it's 2.5-3 hours between Baltimore and Atlantic City), so I am going to have to bow out on this one, and just explore south Jersey some more that day.

I currently do intend on attending the Philadelphia meet for whenever that is scheduled, and then catch a minor league baseball game after the meet.

bulldog1979

Quote from: rawmustard on April 02, 2010, 08:37:32 PM

Well, I'm going because this will be my first time east of Cleveland, OH. Btw, AJ and I are planning on making a quick stop top grab a bunch of the new 2010 MDOT maps on the way.

yanksfan6129

Quote from: bulldog1979 on April 05, 2010, 04:47:18 AM
Quote from: rawmustard on April 02, 2010, 08:37:32 PM

Well, I'm going because this will be my first time east of Cleveland, OH. Btw, AJ and I are planning on making a quick stop top grab a bunch of the new 2010 MDOT maps on the way.

Is it possible you could grab a bunch, for the group?

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

Looks like I'll have a handout for the group, myself.  Just doing my part.

yanksfan6129

Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 07, 2010, 09:19:02 PM

What?

Dougtone

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on April 07, 2010, 10:15:04 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 07, 2010, 09:19:02 PM

What?

Probably a road related goodie, such as a free map.

Ian

Youtube l Flickr

hbelkins

Quote from: dougtone on April 08, 2010, 10:32:57 AM
Probably a road related goodie, such as a free map.

Thanks, Doug! You unknowingly reminded me to get a new batch of Kentucky goodie bags together and update them with the 2010 map. I also have a hodgepodge of promotional items I've picked up at various conferences and meetings and I will throw a randomly-selected representative item from this potpourri of treats into the bags, and recipients can trade if they don't like what they get and they like something else that was in someone else's bag. Too bad the Baltimore meet is before, not after, the conference where I usually pick up a boatload of this stuff.

oscar

My goodies will include a stack of duplicate road atlases, including some Rand McNallys and National Geographics going back to the 1990s, which attendees can pick through before I dispose of the leftovers.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

For those who intend to bring goodies, expect at least 20 copies will be needed.

hbelkins

Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 08, 2010, 08:18:25 PM
For those who intend to bring goodies, expect at least 20 copies will be needed.

My goodie bags are basically unchanged from last year, except that I added the '10 map to the '09 version. I had a few left over from my travels last year and made up some new ones and I also have extra maps. So it's all good.

Dougtone

I still have a few goodies laying around, but that will have to wait until after the Baltimore meet before I can give them out.

rawmustard

Quote from: dougtone on April 08, 2010, 10:22:36 PM
I still have a few goodies laying around, but that will have to wait until after the Baltimore meet before I can give them out.

You can't get them to Steve this weekend? :p

bulldog1979

Dougtone

Quote from: rawmustard on April 08, 2010, 11:48:31 PM
Quote from: dougtone on April 08, 2010, 10:22:36 PM

You can't get them to Steve this weekend? :p

I've given out the goodies before, which are the Adirondack Northway SEND HELP maps.  I believe I have the maps in my storage unit in Oneonta, NY for the time being, and there's no way I'm going to Oneonta today.

Ian

Let's see, I think I'll wear my New Jersey Turnpike shirt to the meet  :hmmm:
Youtube l Flickr

froggie

Given the expected numbers on Saturday, you might want to consider splitting up the tour part into two separate groups.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.