Reminder - Baltimore Road Meet - April 17

Started by Alps, April 02, 2010, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawmustard

Quote from: hbelkins on April 27, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
So, who is the keeper of the frog? I presume Adam is, but does he ship it to the meet host if he isn't going to be there?

You should know the answer to that, since you were at the meet which I hosted. :p

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 26, 2010, 09:42:19 PM
Ah, we're down to the one dude who came late who never RSVPed and I never talked to.

And I have an answer, I think, Dave Souza (His name was Dave, and it sounds like the same last name pronounced)
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

oscar

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on April 28, 2010, 04:59:15 PM
Ah, we're down to the one dude who came late who never RSVPed and I never talked to.

And I have an answer, I think, Dave Souza (His name was Dave, and it sounds like the same last name pronounced)

I've added that name to the caption with a question mark.  I did some quick Net searches (including for attendees of previous road meets) and couldn't get a match for that name.

I'll this weekend try to get a captioned photo added to the "official" meet page, http://www.gribblenation.net/meetings/bmore.html
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

bulldog1979

Quote from: oscar on April 29, 2010, 07:08:50 AM
Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on April 28, 2010, 04:59:15 PM

I've added that name to the caption with a question mark.  I did some quick Net searches (including for attendees of previous road meets) and couldn't get a match for that name.

I'll this weekend try to get a captioned photo added to the "official" meet page, http://www.gribblenation.net/meetings/bmore.html
Yes, that's a Dave. It was his first road meet, and he's from the Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland.
Edited to fix quoting - but we already established it's a Dave...

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: hbelkins on April 27, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
Quote from: froggie on April 27, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
Tradition (if you could call it that) dictates that if Mr. Prince is not present, then the frog goes on top of the meet host...

So, who is the keeper of the frog? I presume Adam is, but does he ship it to the meet host if he isn't going to be there?

Or is it a different frog?

And does the fact that a frog is seemingly the official mascot of road meets have anything to do with your nickname?

I have never heard the story of or the background of the frog. Always meant to ask but never did. This seems to be as good a time as any.

I too am unfamiliar with the story of the frog being the official mascot of roads meets. Is Dan G. aware of this? We've got a meet coming up this Saturday in Canton/Akron, Ohio!
-A.J. from Michigan

froggie

Heh, I think this has run its course now...

I'm the "keeper of the frog".  The frog has no bearing on meets that I do not attend.

(and no, I'm not going to Ohio this weekend)

Alps

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.