News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Road Meet

Started by Alex, May 20, 2010, 02:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Would anyone be interested in trying to organize a gathering or to meet up in smaller numbers? Time frame can be anytime between now and year's end. Location wise, I was thinking anywhere between northwest Florida and New Orleans.

yanksfan6129

If you wait til Summer of 2011, I will gladly attend such a meet.

hbelkins

Quote from: AARoads on May 20, 2010, 02:54:12 PM
Would anyone be interested in trying to organize a gathering or to meet up in smaller numbers? Time frame can be anytime between now and year's end. Location wise, I was thinking anywhere between northwest Florida and New Orleans.

I'd certainly be interested. New counties and interstate clinching possibilities abound on such a trip!

My attendance would depend on timing, however. I've already committed to SEPA next month and Iowa in July, and will likely go to the Texarkana meet that's being proposed for September and possibly go to the Watertown, NY meet that has been proposed for the fall. A friend has also mentioned organizing something for Nashville later in the year, but that's an easy drive for me and travel wouldn't require a whole lot of planning.

Would there be enough stuff to see in, perhaps, Mobile or Tallahassee? There was a New Orleans area meet a couple of years ago.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: AARoads on May 20, 2010, 02:54:12 PM

I'm still working on the Texarkana meet for September, but might be interested in something in the NOLA area in the Fall.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Not anytime soon.  But maybe in Helena, Ark. come Mid-October.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Chance I'll be in the Big Easy next weekend (Thu-Mon), if you happen to be that way let me know.  That goes for anyone in that general area.

P.S.   No guarantees I'll check this thread on a regular basis, so please contact me directly.

jdb1234

I would be interested, but it would have to be later in the summer.  (Gotta make sure I have a vehicle that runs first.)

Scott5114

If your car is low on oil this would be the meet to go to. :bang:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jdb1234

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 24, 2010, 03:01:45 AM
If your car is low on oil this would be the meet to go to. :bang:

That's not the problem, as I stated in another thread, my sister's car was totaled in an accident on I-65 last Sunday and this past weekend, the power steering in my dad's truck (which I normally drive) failed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.