News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

August 2011 Central NJ (Turnpike) Road Meet

Started by Alps, May 02, 2011, 06:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which weekend(s) would you be able to attend the meet?

July 30-31
7 (70%)
August 6-7
6 (60%)
August 13-14
7 (70%)
August 20-21
4 (40%)
July 23-24
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 09, 2011, 08:18:31 PM

Alps

Please vote if you're interested in attending. I will be on the phone next week to start to set this up. The Turnpike has a specific procedure to be able to bring a tour group there. (I will try to make sure we can take photographs, though it's not a given. I'm not going to ask for filming privileges, though.) So I'd like to have an idea of which weekend or weekends work best, just in case I'm able to get it all set up on the phone that day.

agentsteel53

QuoteYou may only select up to 4 options.
* July 30-31
* August 6-7
* August 13-14
* August 20-21

that just might be how this BB software works, but still...  :-D
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Indeed. I want to make sure people can select every option if they can actually make all four weekends.

Ian

Any time in August is likely bad for me, so July 30-31 would be the best option for me right now.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

agentsteel53

Quote from: AlpsROADS on May 02, 2011, 06:30:52 PM
Indeed. I want to make sure people can select every option if they can actually make all four weekends.

it's the word "only" ... ah, good old software attempting to write in natural language!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: PennDOTFan on May 02, 2011, 07:13:11 PM
Any time in August is likely bad for me, so July 30-31 would be the best option for me right now.
Okay, I added July 23-24 just in case people want to go that route.

Duke87

Any and all of those weekends work for me. But I will have to schedule New Haven around this.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

froggie

I can't commit to any one of those weekends at this point in time.  Too many other moving parts during the summer.

hbelkins

Like Froggie, I couldn't commit to anything this early. However, the third weekend in August is out because SASHTO's conference is in Louisville this year and I'm lobbying hard to get to attend. Plus if I go to Wausau, Wisc. in July, the July dates wouldn't work well for me. (Besides, there's very little in the way of route clinching and no new counties to be had if I go back to Jersey, and there are opportunities for both if I go to Wisconsin).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

I know it's a little early, but I want to take the time to square things away with the Turnpike now while I have it. As for New Haven, it's why I was hesitant to go earlier. I think I'm looking at July 30-31 or August 6-7 for my meet - right now they're tied for the lead.

froggie

If anything, those two weekends are the ones I can mostly likely count OUT.

SSOWorld

Well this year I'm going to have to raincheck.  between recovering from Little Rhody and doing the Wausau meet, I have to keep things to a minimum.  Damn gas prices :eyebrow:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Duke87

Quote from: AlpsROADS on May 03, 2011, 08:39:49 AM
As for New Haven, it's why I was hesitant to go earlier.

Don't worry about that. If you go earlier, I'll go later. New Haven doesn't have to happen in July, it can be in August.

I will, however, not be available the weekend of July 16-17.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Dougtone

All I can say is not to plan any meet around me, unless of course I'm planning the meet.  Two of the weekends listed are out for me due to a scheduled vacation and a weekend at Bernie's, but schedule it for whatever weekend works best for you.

tollboothrob

I'm available the weekends of July 30 and August 13. I could possibly arrange someone to work for me on another weekend if necessary, but definitely not the weekend of August 6.

Steve, do you want me to check on arranging a tour of the Traffic Management Center, or will we have enough to do already?
Longtime roadgeek, MTR and AARoads follower. Employee of NJ Turnpike Operations Department

Alps

Rob, I'm definitely interested in that. Thanks for letting me know the 6th is out for you, I'll remove it from consideration because I want this meet to be a two-headed beast - Int. 8 tour and TMC tour. Appreciate the offer.

Roadgeek Adam

I'm good for any date at this point, I marked a vote for July 30-31, which is my preference. That might change depending if WikiConference NYC #3 falls during any of those points.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Dougtone

I believe there's also a Newark Bears minor league baseball game on August 13th, for those who are interested in attending after the meet.

Alps

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on May 04, 2011, 06:36:48 AM
I'm good for any date at this point, I marked a vote for July 30-31, which is my preference. That might change depending if WikiConference NYC #3 falls during any of those points.
Then please vote for all of the choices. This isn't a poll for preference, it's a poll to see which weekend will have the most attendees.
Quote from: Dougtone on May 04, 2011, 07:36:03 AM
I believe there's also a Newark Bears minor league baseball game on August 13th, for those who are interested in attending after the meet.
I believe, given Adam's last statement, that this date is currently "in the lead" subject to talking to the Turnpike Authority.

yanksfan6129

Theoretically I could make any of those weekends, but I'd just shy away from the latest one you mentioned because I'll be leaving for school that week so who the hell knows what I'll be up to.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.