News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Any traditional shavers here?

Started by M3019C LPS20, October 11, 2014, 05:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

I've always used Norelcos and have always had great luck with them.  I don't know the model number of my current one since I threw the owner's manual away long ago and the model number was marked on the side.  Unfortunately, they painted the model number on where the user holds it, and it has since been worn off.

Laura

On the occasions that I do shave, I'll use my Lady Remington electric razor on my legs. It's not as close as a disposable razor, but that isn't my priority. If I'm in a bind, I'll use a disposable.

I always use a disposable blade for my armpits, though.

iPhone

Scott5114

Quote from: Zeffy on October 18, 2014, 09:29:04 AM
I'm reverse - I got a non-electric one once and tried using it (with shaving cream) - either I just fail or the blade sucked because no matter how hard I pressed I got very little hair off. Plus it felt so much more rough than electrics, feeling like sandpaper was being scraped across my face.

If you ever try it again, try shaving immediately after getting out of the shower. Something about the steam opening up your pores makes it a lot smoother and more effective.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

robbones

Anybody ever used the "battery operated" cartridge razors

M3019C LPS20

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 24, 2014, 03:58:39 AM
Quote from: Zeffy on October 18, 2014, 09:29:04 AM
I'm reverse - I got a non-electric one once and tried using it (with shaving cream) - either I just fail or the blade sucked because no matter how hard I pressed I got very little hair off. Plus it felt so much more rough than electrics, feeling like sandpaper was being scraped across my face.

If you ever try it again, try shaving immediately after getting out of the shower. Something about the steam opening up your pores makes it a lot smoother and more effective.

The preparation of your beard before a shave is important. The most common and easy way is to take a hot shower to rinse your beard. Let the hot water soak and soften the whiskers for at least six minutes. One could also use a hair conditioner product for the beard, which would help remove unwanted oils and dirt from the face.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.