News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The Eisenhower Interstate Phenomena

Started by KG909, October 30, 2014, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG909

Note: I did not make this, and of course it's not true. I just want to know your opinions.

Little known fact, is that the Eisenhower Interstate system is built over major leylines. Rumor has it, that if specific conditions are met, weird phenomena will occur.

Phenomena of the First

The first sign of this phenomenon is that you will lose ALL radio reception, and devices such as MP3 players, Discmen, tape decks and other music players will cease functioning. Your heater will begin to only dispense cold air, regardless of setting. After the first mile of this, you will notice a fog growing at the edges of the road, and you will see no exits, regardless of whether they were supposed to be there.

If you continue on, you will begin to see the occasional pedestrian. Some of them will gesture that they would like to hitch a ride.

Under no circumstances should you stop for them, no one has ever stopped and survived. If you see lights approaching from behind, and it is a hearse, do NOT let it pass you. No matter what. After 13 miles, the phenomenon will end, and you will be safe.

Phenomena of the Second

Investigated by the witnesses after they read instructions they found in a book, left behind in a rest stop bathroom. Participants must mix a shot of whiskey, a drop of their own blood (One drop for each participant), a pinch of salt, and a small amount of used engine oil. Mix with water from a rest stop fountain in a glass bottle, and smash it on the interstate in the evening or morning.

If the instructions were followed correctly, the way will become densely foggy. An unmarked exit will appear, and if you pass it by, it will be closed to you for six years. If you take the exit, go left and under the interstate.

Half a mile down the road, there is an old gas station. Inside, it is said that a full glass the coffee sold there, will keep you awake all night, and the other food and beverages are purported to have various properties themselves.

Pay the proprietor only in metal coinage, no bills, no checks, no cards. There are also some arcade machines near the back of the store, as well as an old fortune telling wizard in a glass case. He knows how you will die. Accept no sexual favors that are offered to you while there, and do not anger anyone. Your life depends upon it.

~Fuccboi

oscar

Citation?  I'm curious where this nonsense comes from.

Quote from: KG909 on October 30, 2014, 10:00:28 PM
The first sign of this phenomenon is that you will lose ALL radio reception, and devices such as MP3 players, Discmen, tape decks and other music players will cease functioning.

Sounds somewhat like what happens when you drive on MD 32 past NSA headquarters in Ft. Meade MD.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

corco

KG909

Quote from: oscar on October 30, 2014, 10:26:44 PM
Citation?  I'm curious where this nonsense comes from.

The first sign of this phenomenon is that you will lose ALL radio reception, and devices such as MP3 players, Discmen, tape decks and other music players will cease functioning.

Sounds somewhat like what happens when you drive on MD 32 past NSA headquarters in Ft. Meade MD.
Perhaps this is real then o.O lol jk
~Fuccboi

SidS1045

Well, there's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

TheCatalyst31

Wow, I haven't seen this in a while. I remember something like it making the rounds back when creepypasta started getting popular online. I think the version my friends showed me mentioned I-80 or I-290 specifically, because one of them wanted to try this for the lulz.

Zeffy

Pay the proprietor only in metal coinage, no bills, no checks, no cards. There are also some arcade machines near the back of the store, as well as an old fortune telling wizard in a glass case. He knows how you will die. Accept no sexual favors that are offered to you while there, and do not anger anyone. Your life depends upon it.

We have wizards and arcade machines coexisting.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Laura

Quote from: TheCatalyst31 on October 30, 2014, 11:07:50 PM
Wow, I haven't seen this in a while. I remember something like it making the rounds back when creepypasta started getting popular online. I think the version my friends showed me mentioned I-80 or I-290 specifically, because one of them wanted to try this for the lulz.

You've seen this before? How? Where?

iPhone

Darkchylde

Rushmeister

...and a monkey just flew out of my butt.

As if.
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

Henry

Serves them right for ditching Route 66 three decades ago!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

vdeane

creepypasta
As addicting as that site is, I have to avoid it because most stories there make it impossible for me to fall asleep for weeks afterwards.

Quote from: Darkchylde on October 31, 2014, 05:35:55 AM
...And now, the weather.
I checked Weather Underground.  All weather will cease on November 9 at 11:59.  The next day is just blank.  Clearly they know something about the future that we don't.

(real world explanation: it's some glitch the site has had for about a week now)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

algorerhythms

Quote from: vdeane on October 31, 2014, 01:25:34 PM
creepypasta
As addicting as that site is, I have to avoid it because most stories there make it impossible for me to fall asleep for weeks afterwards.

Quote from: Darkchylde on October 31, 2014, 05:35:55 AM
...And now, the weather.
I checked Weather Underground.  All weather will cease on November 9 at 11:59.  The next day is just blank.  Clearly they know something about the future that we don't.

(real world explanation: it's some glitch the site has had for about a week now)
You just typed in a negative ZIP code. Either that, or given Saturday's forecast, a ZIP code in Oklahoma.

jeffandnicole

Someone had a bit more than a shot of whiskey mixed in.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

roadman

So, once you leave the gas station, do you then see Big Joe driving Phantom 309?
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

freebrickproductions

Where do the Illuminati, chemtrails, and lizard people fit into this? :bigass:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

exit322

Even the people of Alanland read this and said "what the f***?"

realjd

Everyone knows the real conspiracy is with the DOT inventory stickers on the back of road signs:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010802022416/http://tackamarks.freeservers.com/index.html

Mr Downtown

Perhaps the strangest phenomenon is people who think Eisenhower had anything to do with creating the Interstate system.

TheCatalyst31

Quote from: Laura on October 31, 2014, 02:27:01 AM

You've seen this before? How? Where?

iPhone

A bit late with this one, but I think I found the original. The date checks out at least.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.