News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Kilpatrick Turnpike widening

Started by rte66man, November 20, 2012, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

New pics of the Kilpatrick widening are posted at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rte66man/

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Stephane Dumas

Thanks for the pictures :)  Looks like they redo the OK-74 southbound flyover.

okroads

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on November 20, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
Thanks for the pictures :)  Looks like they redo the OK-74 southbound flyover.
That is correct; currently, traffic must use Memorial Road (the turnpike frontage road) to connect from the westbound turnpike to OK 74 South.

Chris

How many lanes will they add? It could either be one additional lane and a left shoulder, or two additional lanes, each way.

rte66man

Quote from: Chris on November 21, 2012, 06:36:58 AM
How many lanes will they add? It could either be one additional lane and a left shoulder, or two additional lanes, each way.

It will be one lane in each direction from MacArthur east to Eastern.  The story of the Hefner flyover is somewhat murky.  I thought they had to rebuild the center support because the header part angled too far into the new lanes.   However, my Dad says the news did a piece that said the support was failing.  I will try to find out for sure.

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

rte66man

Quote from: rte66man on November 21, 2012, 10:03:46 AM
Quote from: Chris on November 21, 2012, 06:36:58 AM

It will be one lane in each direction from MacArthur east to Eastern.  The story of the Hefner flyover is somewhat murky.  I thought they had to rebuild the center support because the header part angled too far into the new lanes.   However, my Dad says the news did a piece that said the support was failing.  I will try to find out for sure.

rte66man

I found this:
http://www.news9.com/story/20003057/crews-close-bridge-from-turnpike-to-lake-hefner-parkway

This has a better explanation (along with the usual inane comments from idiot drivers):
http://www.news9.com/story/19902556/construction-to-close-major-bridge-on-kilpatrick-turnpike

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

bugo

They're talking about widening a stretch of the Creek Turnpike to 6 lanes near the Memorial/US 64 interchange, but of course OKC got their turnpike widened first. 

okroads

Quote from: bugo on November 21, 2012, 11:51:30 PM
They're talking about widening a stretch of the Creek Turnpike to 6 lanes near the Memorial/US 64 interchange, but of course OKC got their turnpike widened first. 
OTA is widening the Creek between U.S. 75 & Riverside; it was under construction in September when I went through that area. I didn't see any construction between Riverside & U.S. 64/Memorial, however.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.