News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-5 north Portland reconstruction update

Started by Bickendan, February 21, 2010, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

Currently, the northbound HOV lane splits from the mainline and is divided from the mainline at Lombard (US 30 Bypass) to past the Delta Park exit. I'm thinking once this section has been rehabilitated, the HOV will be reattached to the mainline and the southbound lanes moved over so they can finalize the southbound widening.

Wish I had had my camera when I drove through.

KEK Inc.

Any idea when this project will be finished.  They started it relatively quickly, but it seems to have stalled quite a bit lately. 
Take the road less traveled.

bookem

Although the project's not officially expected to wrap up until closer to year's end, it's nice to see the new southbound lane finally open.  :clap:

I'm surprised there still isn't a full interchange with Columbia Blvd, however.

KEK Inc.

Columbia Bl. should be a freeway.  Maybe they have plans?  :O
Take the road less traveled.

Bickendan

I'd really doubt it. And don't count on a full interchange with Columbia, either.

bookem

I seem to remember a couple of state and/or local proposals to upgrade Columbia (although it would probably be more of an expressway than a full freeway).

Bickendan

Not Columbia itself, but there were plans to build a freeway paralleling Columbia just north called the Whitaker Freeway. Yes, Freeway. Item 4, http://bickenland.lonaf.com/Maps/PVMATS.htm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.