News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bird Creek Bridge to Close

Started by US71, December 06, 2010, 04:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101206_11_0_hkaoaD841101

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation began taking steps Monday to close down a "problem child" bridge just outside Tulsa County, said department director, Gary Ridley.

At their regular meeting, ODOT commissioners approved the construction of an emergency crossover near the State Highway 66 bridge over Bird Creek. The crossover, which will cost about $733,000 and take 20 days to build, will shift traffic from the highway's westbound bridge to the neighboring eastbound span.

The department will then close the westbound bridge and let the eastbound counterpart carry traffic going in both directions.

"The (westbound bridge) deck is getting to the point where it's not manageable," said Gary Evans, ODOT's chief engineer.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rte66man

If I follow the ODOT note, that will restrict traffic at that point to one lane in each direction.  Can't imagine how bad traffic will back up during certain times of the day.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Scott5114

Is this the bridge we looked at during the Tulsa meet?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

Many thanks to whoever took us to that bridge! ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.