News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ohio - Nu User

Started by GCrites, September 10, 2014, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCrites

Well, I'd better introduce myself. I started using m.t.r. in 1996 or so but mostly lurked. I visited a lot of links and sites featured on there. Pretty much I stopped thinking about roads as much in the mid-2000s once I started working full time with a lot of night and weekend work. Also, traffic at m.t.r. started really drying up around that time too. I've only been lurking here a few months; several forums that I used a lot died off (like the Kunstler one) or I lost interest in them (finally got my fill of talking about Black Sabbath) so I was able to find this one and poke around.

My main interests are road history and old alignments. I like seeing weird stuff but I'm not really much of a sign person. I'm friends with some road and bridge engineers around Columbus so you won't see me doing much armchair engineering since they have busted my balls really bad when I've tried it in the past. I know I don't know anything.

My main areas of knowledge are OH, WV, Eastern KY, VA, Western MD and PA and Florida ('80s-'90s only).

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

amroad17

Welcome from someone 120 miles away.  Looking forward to read your thoughts and opinions.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

adventurernumber1

Greetings from Georgia!  :bigass:

AARoads is an amazing place for the Roadgeek community. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I hope you enjoy the forum; I know I do.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

route17fan

Welcome to the forum! A lot of knowledgeable people here and a lot of great information out there. Enjoy!
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alex

KG909

~Fuccboi

Alps

I just saw a sign this weekend - it was a place in metro DC called Nu Tires that was rebranded to Wade's. Half of one side of the "Wade's" sign had peeled off, so it read "Nu DES". I am not making this up.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Alps on September 14, 2014, 10:36:07 PM
I just saw a sign this weekend - it was a place in metro DC called Nu Tires that was rebranded to Wade's. Half of one side of the "Wade's" sign had peeled off, so it read "Nu DES". I am not making this up.

Do you think someone intentionally peeled it?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

seicer

Now this is a surprise.

vtk

A lack of formal training doesn't stop many of us from practicing a little armchair engineering. Anyway, welcome!
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Alps

Quote from: 1 on September 15, 2014, 05:43:10 AM
Quote from: Alps on September 14, 2014, 10:36:07 PM

Do you think someone intentionally peeled it?
It was 25 feet off the ground, and the other face was intact, so good luck to whoever might try.

Brandon

Welcome back then!  Old-time mtr-er here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.