News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Perpendicular Interstates that do not interchange.

Started by roadman65, October 20, 2012, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Are there any N-S Interstates or any E-W Interstates that do not interchange with another primary interstate from a perpendicular direction?

I can think of I-82 and I-89.  Are there others?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

oldblue910

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Kacie Jane

oldblue910

Quote from: Kacie Jane on October 20, 2012, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: oldblue910 on October 20, 2012, 08:21:47 PM
I-95 and I-276...for now anyway.

*facepalm*

Do you dispute the factual accuracy of my statement? It is a valid answer to his question.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

NE2

Typical roadman65 ambiguity. The topic should read something like 'Interstates that do not interchange with anything perpendicular'.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

Quote from: NE2 on October 20, 2012, 08:31:22 PM
Typical roadman65 ambiguity. The topic should read something like 'Interstates that do not interchange with anything perpendicular'.
No it means an interstate in its entirety that does not interchange with any other perpendicular interstate.  I-89 interchanges with US 2, US 4, US 202, and US 302.  The only other primary interstates it interchanges are I-91 and I-93 and its own child route I-189.  If I said what you suggested this would not apply here.

Sheryl Crowe

Kacie Jane

Quote from: oldblue910 on October 20, 2012, 08:28:32 PM
Quote from: Kacie Jane on October 20, 2012, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: oldblue910 on October 20, 2012, 08:21:47 PM
I-95 and I-276...for now anyway.

*facepalm*

Do you dispute the factual accuracy of my statement? It is a valid answer to his question.

I will grant you that the subject is poorly worded and doesn't appear to match the post, and thus my facepalm may have been overreacting (or perhaps misdirected).  But I'm 99% sure that the question at hand is 2-digit interstates that do not intersect any perpendicular 2-digit interstates for their entire length.  (The answers to this question are individual routes, not pairs.)

I-82 intersects only I-90 and I-84, no odd-numbered 2dis.
I-89 intersects only I-91 and I-93, no even-numbered 2dis.

(And I-82 doesn't intersect I-89 because they're on opposite ends of the country. *wink*)

Kacie Jane

Quote from: roadman65 on October 20, 2012, 08:37:43 PM
No it means an interstate in its entirety that does not interchange with any other perpendicular interstate.  I-89 interchanges with US 2, US 4, US 202, and US 302.  The only other primary interstates it interchanges are I-91 and I-93 and its own child route I-189.  If I said what you suggested this would not apply here.

Right, but if we go by what you wrote -- "Perpendicular Interstates that do not interchange" -- then I-95 and I-276 would qualify.  They're perpendicular interstates that do not interchange.

roadman65

Quote from: Kacie Jane on October 20, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on October 20, 2012, 08:37:43 PM

Right, but if we go by what you wrote -- "Perpendicular Interstates that do not interchange" -- then I-95 and I-276 would qualify.  They're perpendicular interstates that do not interchange.
Okay, I see what you mean.  However, then it should be Interstates that do not cross any other perpendicular interstates not just any route.  Although that might be for another thread as that proves interesting as well.  No ones perfect and at least I try. 

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

roadman65

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.