News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Hi Everybody

Started by Rainking75, July 24, 2014, 09:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainking75

Hey thanks for having me! I've been lurking for a while and have learned a lot and enjoy the discussion and banter that goes on here. Should be fun!

I live in the northern suburbs of Charlotte and am witnessing a lot of great road geek stuff:

• The completion of the northeast segment of I-485
    The widening of the southeastern segment of 485 including the new Johnston Road flyover that opened today
    The recently completed exit 35 off I-77 (and a SPUI at that).
    The planning of the HOT lanes (and local debate about them) for I-77 from Charlotte to Mooresville
    The soon to be completed conversion of I-77 exit 28 into a DDI
    And the best one of all...
    My office is literally at the crossroads of I-77 and I-40 where the interchange reconstruction is taking place, plus the reconstruction and conversion of I-40 exit 151 into a DDI

So if anyone has any questions about these projects or wants some pics, just let me know.

Arkansastravelguy

Welcome! I hated the 77/40 interchange when I lived in NC glad it's being redone

iPhone

Rainking75

It's going to be awesome, but there's a long way to go.

I should also mention that I'm originally from western MA and went to college in VT. I have an affinity for New England and New York roads (especially love I-91 and I-89).

Also, I travel a lot for work so I always try to explore new roads when I have the opportunity. My clinch list is pretty short  but I've got many miles on many highways.

Alps

It sounds like you should organize a road meet.

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Alex

Welcome to the board!

Rainking75

Alps - you're probably right. There's a lot to see around here...

roadman65

Welcome to our community.  Glad to hear from someone who can give us updates from your end of the country.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.