Anyone here in Northern Oklahoma or Southern KS feel this?

Started by roadman65, July 30, 2014, 11:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Arkansastravelguy

There have been several mini quakes in Oklahoma the last few years

J N Winkler

I live in Wichita and none of us felt anything when the earthquake rolled through at 9.47 PM Monday.  I think I was loading the dishwasher at the time, so I may have been too task-focused to feel an earthquake of that magnitude.  However, the people I know in Wichita who did feel it seem all to have been on the east side of town, which has different basement soils (west is generally sandy loam, while east is very clayey).

The really bad earthquakes came two or three years ago.  Up here we could see floor lamps dance, but down in Oklahoma there were collapses of freestanding masonry walls, including the clock tower at St. Gregory's in Shawnee.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

bugo

triplemultiplex

This earthquake is brought to you by: America's oil and gas industry.  "We didn't get into this business to become Bond villains, that's just one of the perks."
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Stephane Dumas

I dust-off this thread by mentionning this news report about expert who said then it's only a matter of time before the "Big one" shakes Oklahoma.
http://kfor.com/2015/11/23/only-a-matter-of-time-before-the-big-one-shakes-oklahoma/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.