News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

My 1000th Post! A special thank you to everyone.

Started by US 41, December 08, 2015, 01:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

Well this is my 1000th post and I wanted to make it something memorable.

I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed using this forum. Before I joined last year I didn't realize that so many people had the same interests as me. I thought I was a lone wolf. I use this forum and read posts on here more than I look at my Facebook and cell phone combined.

Everyone on here has been a really big help as far as me planning trips into Canada and Mexico. I wouldn't have ever crossed the border into either place, especially Mexico, if it wasn't for three users on here (kphoger, jbte, and corco). This year has been a very special year for me as far as travel is concerned. This year alone I have been to the following states/provinces: Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, Quebec, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Coahuilla, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky. 21 in all (18 US, 2 Canada, 1 Mexico). This will be a year I will remember the rest of my life. Thanks to everyone for making it happen and being there with me while I have traveled all over North America this year.

Lastly I want to say that if I have ever had a disagreement with any of you on this forum, please don't take it personally. We all have a common interest and we are all going to have our own thoughts and opinions. We all enjoy roads, so let's just leave it at that.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Alps

Bullshit. I passed 10,000 and you don't see me crowing.

noelbotevera

Quote from: Alps on December 09, 2015, 11:03:24 PM
ditto (except 1000 for me)
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

SignGeek101

Congrats. You've joined the 1000 club. Hope to see you get to 5000 one day.

Duke87

We have mostly dodged the culture of bragging about post counts here and it's safe to say many of us appreciate this fact.

But as for the latter purpose of the OP, I take no issue and say only "you're welcome! Glad to have you!"
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

US 41

Quote from: Alps on December 09, 2015, 11:03:24 PM

:bigass: It will be at least 2020 before I get to 10,000 posts. That's even a rarer club.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CNGL-Leudimin

I'll be hitting 1000 in a few months. I don't read many of the regional forums anyway.

I actually posted about me beating for the first time the expert mode of the good old Minesweeper. I've bumped my record down to exactly two minutes (120 seconds) since then.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

noelbotevera

I kinda just randomly post, and it's been about seven months since I've joined, and I've got to 1000 posts. I really did not care and I wasn't surprised when I hit 1000. I've passed the 777 mark already.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

roadman65

I thought that bragging about your posts was grounds for being banned?  I distinctly remembering one user  years ago who bragged about it being his 1000th post  in a post before getting warned by a moderator that if he did that one more time he would be banned.

It happened so long ago I cannot say who it was as it might of not been an action for that specific reason, but for another as I did join right when Ethanman and Blawp were annoying the users here.    Those two were clowns that might of been the ones to do that or some other character of the same MO as we had plenty of interesting people on here over the years.  However, a moderator did specifically say "Your banned if you say that again."
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Desert Man

Congrats to the 1000 and 10000 post holders, I just reached my triple-3 posts. I been coming to this forum for nearly 5 years and I come back now and then to discuss my interests with you all. It's a honor to be part of AA Roads and like the Cheers theme song "You wanna be (or go) where everybody knows your name." 
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

noelbotevera

About two months later after my 1000th post, here's my 1428th. I'm a mere 72 posts away from becoming the Turnpike rank.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

rickmastfan67

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.