News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Crests and shields for National Parks

Started by wolfiefrick, February 08, 2016, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiefrick

I'm currently trying to create shields and crests for all 58 of the National Parks in the United States. Here's one that I drew up for Yosemite National Park in Illustrator. I'd love to see some designs from all of you for some others!

Pete from Boston

Hopefully the Park Service doesn't have to change all the names before you're finished.

kkt

The parks, most of them at least, already have logos based on famous natural features within the park.  Like Yosemite's Half Dome logo.

wolfiefrick

Quote from: kkt on February 08, 2016, 07:53:06 PM
The parks, most of them at least, already have logos based on famous natural features within the park.  Like Yosemite's Half Dome logo.
Yes, I'm aware, but this was a project to make them all look a little more uniform. I'd like to create logos for all of them that follow the same design principles that were shown in the Yosemite crest I designed.

noelbotevera

Maybe use different shields for different parks. For example if an NF route runs through Yellowstone National Park, then put in a (simplified) design of some famous landmark such as Ol' Faithful. I'd do the same for the entrances and exits.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

wolfiefrick

Quote from: noelbotevera on February 08, 2016, 10:29:59 PM
Maybe use different shields for different parks. For example if an NF route runs through Yellowstone National Park, then put in a (simplified) design of some famous landmark such as Ol' Faithful. I'd do the same for the entrances and exits.
Yeah, I could work on that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.