News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I'm moving to the USA! (April fools)

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, April 01, 2016, 05:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Edit (April 2nd): This thread was made for April Fools' Day. Evidently, I'm not moving to the USA, and I wouldn't do so unless it goes metric and gets a taxpayed healthcare system. As it stands right now, chances this will happen are the same as University of Zaragoza at Huesca winning the NCAA tournament (better known as March Madness): zero. Below is what I originally posted.

Title says it all. I started taking steps on December 28th, and now I have all paperwork done I can finally announce I'm crossing the pond. If things go as scheduled I'll be moving sometime in July. I wanted to go to Wisconsin simply because of I-41, but finally I'll be settling somewhere in the Twin Cities area. I'll have to face much, much colder Winters than those I have currently, sure, but at least I won't be seeing more of those boring rectangles. So look forward to see me in any road meeting soon!
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hotdogPi

You would be a fool to move to a specific place just because of the number an Interstate has.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

national highway 1

Quote from: 1 on April 01, 2016, 05:21:02 AM
You would be a fool to move to a specific place just because of the number an Interstate has.
He can't help it, because he is a roadgeek.
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

freebrickproductions

Welcome to the US! You moved just in time to experience an election year! :-D
Let me know if you ever come through my area though.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

SignGeek101

Congrats. I hope everything goes well for you down there. Currently, the US is one of the better countries of the world, and while I won't comment on the politics going on down there, I will say that the US has a great road system that I would like to (one day) drive on myself, and that won't change.

US 41

Quote from: SignGeek101 on April 01, 2016, 11:41:07 AM
Congrats. I hope everything goes well for you down there. Currently, the US is one of the better countries of the world, and while I won't comment on the politics going on down there, I will say that the US has a great road system that I would like to (one day) drive on myself, and that won't change.

Watch what you say. We could always change our minds and build a Giant Wall on the Canadian border too!  :bigass:

EDIT: And I almost forgot, Canada will pay for it!
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

CNGL-Leudimin

Heck, I thought more forumers would fall to this. Even though in Spain the fools' day is on December 28th, I was pretty aware of the April Fools' Day so I made up that, taking advantage of my time zone (I would post while most of the forum is asleep, so the fool would be up by the time they get awaken). I'm editing the first post.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SignGeek101

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 02, 2016, 04:33:23 AM
Heck, I thought more forumers would fall to this. Even though in Spain the fools' day is on December 28th, I was pretty aware of the April Fools' Day so I made up that, taking advantage of my time zone (I would post while most of the forum is asleep, so the fool would be up by the time they get awaken). I'm editing the first post.

I thought about that..., though I admit, you hooked me!

I tend to be a little gullible though.

Quote from: US 41 on April 01, 2016, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: SignGeek101 on April 01, 2016, 11:41:07 AM

Watch what you say. We could always change our minds and build a Giant Wall on the Canadian border too!  :bigass:

EDIT: And I almost forgot, Canada will pay for it!

Don't kid yourself:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scott-walker-canada-u-s-border-wall-worth-considering-1.3209152
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/wall-canadian-border-poll-scott-walker-1.3242383

Scott Walker is long gone now though. 9000 km of wall would probably create tons of jobs too  :bigass:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.