News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Decision reached in South Lawrence Trafficway (Kansas 10) lawsuit

Started by route56, November 09, 2010, 09:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

[route56 sticks his head out of the hole he's been in with a copy of the November 9, 2010 Lawrence Journal-World]

In big bold letters on page 1A: 32nd Street SLT alignment upheld

http://bit.ly/c6Nleq

The court ruled that the 2003 EIS for the SLT did have defects in that the noise study did not make a full comparison between existing and future noise profiles, and that the cost estimate for the 32nd Street alignment was understated. (not taking into account the full cost of the wetlands mitigation) However, the judge ruled, neither factor would have affected the outcome of the EIS, and the court cannot second guess the judgment of the EIS preparers.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

rte66man

Good for them.  Now when will they start work on the final piece?
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

route56

Quote from: rte66man on November 09, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
Good for them.  Now when will they start work on the final piece?

Funding isn't expected until 2013... and you can bank on an appeal of the decision to the 10th Circuit.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

J N Winkler

I was wondering where I had heard of Bob Eye before and it finally came to me.  He is also a criminal defense lawyer and was one of Thomas Murray's lawyers back in 2003 when he was tried and convicted (wrongly, I think) of murdering his ex-wife.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

ShawnP

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.