News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

INDOT redoing bridges on SR 46 between Vandalia and Spencer

Started by US 41, March 05, 2013, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

I was driving from Terre Haute to Bloomington and INDOT was beginning to install temorary trafic signals at all the bridges between Vandalia and Specer. They redid the brige at Fish Creek (creek goes into Owen Put. SF) a few years ago when it got slightly washed out. However they are redoing it again. None of the other bridges seem like they need redone either, especially the one at Rattlesnake Creek; but maybe they do. I think INDOT probably just has money to blow.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

tvketchum

It could be inspection turned up hidden flaws which could lead to catastrophic failure of the bridge. How does one 'slightly wash out' a bridge without damaging it? You could email Indot and ask, if you think they have 'money to blow'.

US 41

Quote from: tvketchum on March 08, 2013, 05:57:26 PM
It could be inspection turned up hidden flaws which could lead to catastrophic failure of the bridge. How does one 'slightly wash out' a bridge without damaging it? You could email Indot and ask, if you think they have 'money to blow'.

Trust me those bridges don't REALLY need to be redone. I've driven that way many times. They definitely don't need to be redone because of flooding because Indiana had a drought last year.

Please, use proper English.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.