Car and Driver's Hocking Hills test loop

Started by 1995hoo, June 07, 2013, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

The latest issue of Car and Driver came in the mail the other day and the article about their road test of an Aston Martin includes a map of the southern Ohio route they've been using for the past 20+ years. The route is run clockwise on the roads shown on the Google Maps link below. Anyone driven this route? Is it worth a detour if you're passing through the general area? I'd wondered for quite some time what roads they use because they've often mentioned the Hocking Hills. I can't help but wonder, though, if their publication of their route might result in a greater police presence as enthusiasts show up to drive too fast.

http://goo.gl/maps/wb234
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jOnstar

Funny you mention that! I work for the company that handles the loans of the Aston Martin to the press... one of them being Car & Driver. I have not had a chance to see the latest issue, but if it was in Hocking Hills, OH... then more than likely it was the Michigan Car & Driver guys and there is a good chance I may have delivered that car to their office. I am going to have to check that issue out on Monday now.

As it goes for the route and police presence... I have not personally driven the Hocking Hills route, but know of many areas and routes up here in Michigan where a couple of the publications often use. I don't really see any different in the police presence. I am sure if Hocking Hills increased their police there, then you wouldn't have many more visits from Car & Driver.

Alps

I grew up with C&D from age 8 into my 20s. I'd sure detour.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.