News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New Speed Limit signs in Missouri

Started by robbones, April 01, 2015, 12:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbones

Is MoDot transitioning to a new style speed limit sign? I've seen a couple on I 49 north of Joplin with the limit and minimum speed on one sign.

intelati49

Quote from: robbones on April 01, 2015, 12:51:46 PM
Is MoDot transitioning to a new style speed limit sign? I've seen a couple on I 49 north of Joplin with the limit and minimum speed on one sign.

That has been standard for a few years now... I seem to remember seeing it in the 2009? MUTCD

Yep. MUTCD R2-4a http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part2/part2b.htm#figure2B03

robbones

Truvelo

That's a pity. When I saw the title of this thread I thought the number in a red circle was finally being adopted.

Wishful thinking eh :-|
Speed limits limit life

Brandon

Quote from: Truvelo on April 01, 2015, 04:27:18 PM
That's a pity. When I saw the title of this thread I thought the number in a red circle was finally being adopted.

Why would you want a speed limit sign to resemble a New Mexico state route marker?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

riiga

Quote from: Truvelo on April 01, 2015, 04:27:18 PM

Indeed, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the topic.

Quote from: Brandon on April 01, 2015, 05:26:48 PM
Why would you want a speed limit sign to resemble a New Mexico state route marker?
It wouldn't.

PurdueBill

It may not duplicate it, but it does resemble it.

seicer

You mean, why would we want a speed limit that resembles standardized signs used across the world? Because, just like with our Metric adoption, we like to go at it alone!

Brandon

Quote from: Sherman Cahal on April 03, 2015, 12:08:35 AM
You mean, why would we want a speed limit that resembles standardized signs used across the world? Because, just like with our Metric adoption, we like to go at it alone!

What's the point?  It really only affects signage in a very large country.  Even the Canucks did it halfheartedly.  There's still newer clearance signage in feet and inches on private property (such as the Polo Park Shopping Center parkade in Winnipeg, MB).  As it is, we use both systems in daily practice.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

cjk374

Quote from: Sherman Cahal on April 03, 2015, 12:08:35 AM

Because we're Muricans dammit!  :biggrin:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

02 Park Ave

So ist the unit of measure for the speed stated on these new signs kilometers per hour?
C-o-H

Scott5114

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on May 01, 2015, 08:51:52 AM
So ist the unit of measure for the speed stated on these new signs kilometers per hour?

No. Why would it be? They're just combining the minimum and maximum values into one panel.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.