News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US92 Now in Nebraska

Started by rte66man, June 24, 2012, 01:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

On my recent trip, I saw the following sign:

rte66man

Corrected linking error
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

rte66man

Quote from: rte66man on June 24, 2012, 01:39:05 PM
On my recent trip, I saw the following sign:

rte66man

Help!!! I thought I coded so the picture would show. What am I missing?

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

J N Winkler

This being Nebraska, where NDOR does well over 99% of the small signing, it is far from clear that it is a contractor that has erred.  Was it a construction or other temporary sign?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

roadman65

Try posting to flickr or some other site.  You might get your picture then across.   I would love to see anyway, as well, what kind of sign it is.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

corco

roadman65

That is uncanny.  Its just as unusual as that rock formation in the backround.

Sheryl Crowe

corco

roadman65

That is one neat rock.  One thing that I never covered in the west was monument Valley and even that one large one in Wyoming.  I saw Mt. Rushmore, but that is man made and does not count.  Then you have some other odd formations like this and in Kansas.  There is one off I-25 near Denver with the same name as this one, and looking at it you can see where the name was derived.

Sheryl Crowe

rte66man

Yup, that is Chimney Rock. And no, it's not a construction sign.  Corco, how long ago was your photo taken?

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

huskeroadgeek

Chimney Rock is probably Nebraska's best known land formation(it appeared on the Nebraska state quarter). The error above is fairly rare from my experience-I don't find too many of those kinds of errors in the state.

oscar

Quote from: huskeroadgeek on June 25, 2012, 12:58:14 PM
Chimney Rock is probably Nebraska's best known land formation(it appeared on the Nebraska state quarter). The error above is fairly rare from my experience-I don't find too many of those kinds of errors in the state.

I saw a pair of US 91 signs in eastern Nebraska in 2010.  But those looked like they were erected by the contractor doing roadwork at that place, rather than an NDOR production.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

J N Winkler

Chimney Rock = Elk Penis.

And yes, it is a permanent sign and thus presumptively from the NDOR sign shop, which makes it a very rare error.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

corco

QuoteYup, that is Chimney Rock. And no, it's not a construction sign.  Corco, how long ago was your photo taken?
I took it in probably February 2009

QuoteI saw a pair of US 91 signs in eastern Nebraska in 2010.  But those looked like they were erected by the contractor doing roadwork at that place, rather than an NDOR production.

You mean this one? I snapped it in probably October 2010 and I think construction had wrapped up at that point, but the banner is off so it looks like a contractor sign.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.