News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Vintage transportation pictures

Started by tradephoric, January 14, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradephoric

froggie

The one out over the water...any idea where that is?  Only place that potentially comes to mind is the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.

Alps

Not the original Sunshine Skyway?

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tradephoric

hbelkins

Be nice to know where all these are.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

formulanone

The first one is Woodward Avenue in Detroit, 1942.

The third one appears to be some sort of Edsel Pacer promotional photo (three in the same place)?

That "Death Here" sign is creepy, to say the least.

hobsini2

Quote from: formulanone on January 19, 2012, 08:28:48 AM
The first one is Woodward Avenue in Detroit, 1942.

The third one appears to be some sort of Edsel Pacer promotional photo (three in the same place)?

That "Death Here" sign is creepy, to say the least.

My dad said the "Death Here" sign is because someone actually did die there in an accident.  It is much how people put up crosses around here for the same reason.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

agentsteel53

I appear to have sprouted some kind of large boner-like structure.

I should definitely know this, but where is that third-to-last one?  color photo, orange suspension bridge.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 23, 2012, 10:32:12 AM
I should definitely know this, but where is that third-to-last one?  color photo, orange suspension bridge.
Looks like the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kendancy66

The one out over the water...any idea where that is?  Only place that potentially comes to mind is the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.

That seems very plausible.  I faintly remember that the causeway had a place to turn around somewhere in the middle.  The picture would also have to predate the parallel span.

The only other plausible place that I can think of is the chesapeake (sp?) bay bridge tunnel

NE2

Quote from: froggie on January 14, 2012, 06:26:32 PM
'tis, a bit south of the midpoint. You can actually see the parallel span in the background.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

QuoteThe only other plausible place that I can think of is the chesapeake (sp?) bay bridge tunnel

However, CBBT didn't have mid-span turnarounds.

Alps

Quote from: froggie on January 29, 2012, 06:47:58 AM
QuoteThe only other plausible place that I can think of is the chesapeake (sp?) bay bridge tunnel

However, CBBT didn't have mid-span turnarounds.
That, and the second span is relatively new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.