News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Arcade video games

Started by inkyatari, November 22, 2016, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

Quote from: cjk374 on November 29, 2016, 09:03:29 PM

I own an Intellivision emulator...it doesn't have their version of Burgertime. I didn't even know they had a version of it. I liked playing Burgertime in the arcade.

Are you talking the Intellivision Flashback?  If so, it's probably a rights issue, asto why its not on there.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

bandit957

George Plimpton's biggest claim to fame was appearing in the commercials for Intellivision.

Also, Will Lee - who played Mr. Hooper on 'Sesame Street' - appeared in a commersh for the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

inkyatari

Quote from: bandit957 on November 30, 2016, 08:56:37 AM
George Plimpton's biggest claim to fame was appearing in the commercials for Intellivision.

Also, Will Lee - who played Mr. Hooper on 'Sesame Street' - appeared in a commersh for the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man.

Jack Black was on a commercial for 2600 Pitfall!

slorydn1

At the arcade my 80's favorites were Asteroids, Space Invaders, Defender, Pole Position and Hard Drivin' (loved that force feedback steering wheel and manual transmission with a clutch!).

Oh and I almost forgot: Red Baron. I must have wasted hundreds of dollars of tokens in that game back in the early 80's.

At home it was Asteroids, Defender (and a similar game by Activision called Chopper Command) and a boatload of other Atari 2600 games.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

inkyatari

Quote from: slorydn1 on December 01, 2016, 02:40:31 AM
At the arcade my 80's favorites were Asteroids, Space Invaders, Defender, Pole Position and Hard Drivin' (loved that force feedback steering wheel and manual transmission with a clutch!).

Have you ever found the secret area in Hard Drivin'?

slorydn1

Quote from: inkyatari on December 01, 2016, 09:45:19 AM

Secret area? Nope I guess not. I remember there were two "choices" of routes at a split and the one to the right went to an area that had a vertical loop that was crazy, and I want to say the left split had a monster jump where it was real easy to lose control on landing. I could be wrong, but it's been 26 years since I have even seen the game
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

inkyatari

Quote from: slorydn1 on December 02, 2016, 01:33:48 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on December 01, 2016, 09:45:19 AM

Secret area? Nope I guess not. I remember there were two "choices" of routes at a split and the one to the right went to an area that had a vertical loop that was crazy, and I want to say the left split had a monster jump where it was real easy to lose control on landing. I could be wrong, but it's been 26 years since I have even seen the game

At the very beginning, turn your car right around. You don't have to drive very far, and there's a road off toyour right.  Drive straight down this, and there's a tower in the midle of a parking lot surrounded by signs.  No idea why its there. If you look carefully on the map screen, it's actually on it.

noelbotevera

I wonder if the FPS category got on. I haven't had much luck trying to find Duke Nukem arcade machines (1991/1993/1996).
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: noelbotevera on December 03, 2016, 01:41:52 AM
I wonder if the FPS category got on. I haven't had much luck trying to find Duke Nukem arcade machines (1991/1993/1996).

The platformers were about as good as you were going to get on the PC.  For whatever really they couldn't really ever replicate the smooth side-scrolling of the console systems.  I remember being actually surprised reading about how Duke Nukem was going to get a Doom Clone style game, more surprised when I found out how the sense of humor in the game was.  :-D Things got so much better when emulators started popping up in the late 1990s.

formulanone

That last one was a toughie - I think it was also the first arcade game with a gear shifter which was more than just a 2-position HI-LO lever (Pole Position, Turbo, Outrun, et al). I recall it took me all afternoon to finish a lap, compared to Pole Position I/II. I also played the heck out of Final Lap, Super Monaco GP (it was probably the first that had paddle shifting), Outrun, and a few others.

I think Space Invaders was the first coin-op I'd played; I still recall a few times that half the arcade games were pinball machines and vaguely half of the coin-op consoles still had black-and-white screens. Also enjoyed Galaga, Joust, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Bump & Jump, and Tempest; I'll still wander over to those in some of the retro arcades out there, especially the first two.

jeffandnicole

If you like pinball and are in the Law Vegas area, they have a Pinball Museum of sorts on Tropicana Ave where you can go and play the very first pinball machine ever made, which didn't include flippers, to the most recent models out there!

inkyatari

From another thread...

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19850.msg2213181#msg2213181

Quote from: kphoger on March 20, 2017, 02:36:17 PMWhen did pooing become cool?

Next episode of Pie Factory Podcast, we're talking about an extremely rare arcade game called Uncle Poo, where you are trying to grab diamonds in a mine, and your weapon is your flatulence.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.