News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Local CDL route jobs

Started by Inyomono395, January 21, 2017, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inyomono395

I'm trying to compile a list of local, home every night, CDL jobs. With an emphasis on route jobs. With the pros and cons of each job.

Thanks

hbelkins

Quote from: Inyomono395 on January 21, 2017, 08:17:35 PM
I'm trying to compile a list of local, home every night, CDL jobs. With an emphasis on route jobs. With the pros and cons of each job.

Thanks

Do you mean, who here has them? What might be open in your area? Or just a list of all of them across the country?

Some clarification would probably be helpful here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Inyomono395

Just a list of them across the country.

Rothman

Quote from: Inyomono395 on January 21, 2017, 09:54:08 PM
Just a list of them across the country.

Erm...probably not possible from this group.  The number of local routes must be almost innumerable.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Inyomono395

I'm not looking for a list of current job openings. I'm simply looking for a general list of different kinds of CDL local route jobs.

I'm sure there are several different kinds of route jobs and I'm just trying to see which ones I've possible looked over.
I'll get the ball rolling

Garbage truck driver
Propane delivery driver.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Inyomono395 on January 22, 2017, 12:10:19 AM
I'm not looking for a list of current job openings. I'm simply looking for a general list of different kinds of CDL local route jobs.

I'm sure there are several different kinds of route jobs and I'm just trying to see which ones I've possible looked over.

Garbage truck driver
Propane delivery driver.
Quote from: Inyomono395 on January 22, 2017, 12:10:19 AM

Garbage truck driver
Propane delivery driver.

CDL drivers of UPS tractor-trailers (called "feed trucks" in the  company) are generally local in nature, since (at least in the East) they are not away overnight (they drive the tractor trailer combination roughly half of the way, meet a tractor trailer heading the opposite way), exchange trucks, and drive back home (I am over-simplifying here to some extent, but still, the nature of the job is usually local).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.