News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2016 Capital District Meet (April Fool's Day)

Started by vdeane, April 01, 2015, 05:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

As many meets have been planned for next year already, I am now officially announcing the 2016 Capital District Meet.  The meet will be held in Malta, NY and will focus on the thing Malta is know for best: roundabouts!  The town has over a dozen roundabouts and we will be visiting each and every one of them.  We will leave no stone unturned; I strive to give everyone only the most complete roundabout experience imaginable, and we will drive the entire way around the circle and in every exit and entrance for each roundabout.

We will meet up at and eat at a well known chain in the local area that is a world class eatery: the McDonalds on NY 67.  After our fine dining experience with exquisite cuisine, we will head on the tour.  After the tour, we will have dinner at a Mexican restaurant in the local area: Taco Bell.

EDIT: In case anyone comes upon this years later, this was posted on April 1, and while I do intend to host a capital district meet next year, this actual location/tour is about as real as I-390 being completed with bus lanes and bike lanes by next year, or One Direction using the FLY Morning Rush to recruit a fifth member of their band (#41dAlbany).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hotdogPi

What about the nearby Hundred Acre Wood (which I found by looking at Google Maps)?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

02 Park Ave

C-o-H

froggie

IMO, it's a bit early to narrow that down.

jeffandnicole

When we go to Taco Bell, I'll keep an eye in the parking lot for the 80 year old grandma flashing her 80 year old husband.

Jim

I think you should line up the meet with Malta's annual Roundabout Festival.  I don't know if the 2016 date has yet been announced.  Down side: the local cuisine you propose to sample might be too crowded that weekend.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

empirestate

PHLBOS

Quote from: Jim on April 01, 2015, 08:54:41 AM
I think you should line up the meet with Malta's annual Roundabout Festival.
Theme Song for this meet...

Should've seen that one coming.   :sombrero:
GPS does NOT equal GOD

TheHighwayMan3561

Hey, McDonald's is cheap and I'm sure no one has ever used it as a meet restaurant, as opposed to having another diner meet.

:bigass:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

corco

The Oologah World Roadmeet would have been at McDonald's

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.