News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

April Fools Tuxedo Meet

Started by Alps, September 24, 2015, 09:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: Duke87 on April 01, 2016, 11:49:13 PM
My reaction to the possibility that it might rain a little is *shrug*. They're not predicting downpours and we're not planning on doing any crazy amount of outdoor hiking.

I'll bring an umbrella and be fine.
Wear your waterproof tux.

Alps

Well, it was a bit rainy for the pre-meet, and we never did leave the western shore (too busy conversing), but the rain definitely let up over lunch and we were greeted with warm sunshine (or mixed clouds) for the rest of the meet. We actually started in the middle of Leg 2 due to the Park & Ride location and headed right over to do the first bridge, which worked out perfectly for the meet photo. Details are popping up on Facebook, not sure if anything has made it to a linkable place like Flickr. Out of 13 attendees we had 1 tux, 8 suits, 2 fancy dresses, a tuxedo t-shirt, and a road sign tie, so I think this far and away is settled as the classiest, most luxurious viatological convention ever assembled. It was huge. Your move, everyone else.

empirestate

Only one tux? I guess being a musician, I forget that not everyone just happens to own one!

iPhone

US71

You really should have held it in Tennessee. Tennessee Tuxedos ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jpi

Quote from: US71 on April 03, 2016, 09:23:34 AM
You really should have held it in Tennessee. Tennessee Tuxedos ;)

Then I would have hosted it :sombrero:, and I have my OWN meet to host in 6 days :bigass:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

froggie

You probably would've rolled both into one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.